GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,705 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Island of El Dorado» Forums » Rules

Subject: Explorer & 2 Villagers vs Explorer, 2 Villagers & Fort rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Cleverley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm playing the game for the first time today (gorgeous game by the way) and I've come to a situation where Pedro the Conquistador invades a tile with Nicolas the Fortuitous. Nicolas is on a tile protected by a fort and both players pay gold to move 2 villagers each onto the tile meaning the battle looks like this:-

Pedro (2 strength)
2 White Villagers (2 strength)
Total Strength = 4

vs

Nicolas (1 strength +2 for placing 2 offerings)
2 Orange Villagers (2 strength)
Fort (1 strength)
Total Strength = 6

Both players roll their dice and against the odds, Pedro wins the battle scoring a result of 5 versus Nicolas' 4. Here's where I'm looking for clarity. Would this result mean the 2 orange villagers are defeated and removed from the board and Nicolas is placed back at a shrine he has an offering on? And if so, is Pedro allowed to attack the fort again or is the fort removed too?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Church

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I think you have this right. The resolution will be that Nicolas is moved to a shrine with offering of his choice; the two villagers are dead; the fort is destroyed; and Pedro gains half of Nicolas's resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cleverley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
churchb33 wrote:
I think you have this right. The resolution will be that Nicolas is moved to a shrine with offering of his choice; the two villagers are dead; the fort is destroyed; and Pedro gains half of Nicolas's resources.

Yea, I'm thinking this is the case. It just didn't seem obvious from the rule book. I did, however, forget about the resources exchange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Aronson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Drewbag84 wrote:
churchb33 wrote:

Yea, I'm thinking this is the case. It just didn't seem obvious from the rule book. I did, however, forget about the resources exchange.

You guys got it figured out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.