GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Biosphere» Forums » Rules

Subject: Not enough dice when filling up the environments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Gräbner
Germany
Wolfenbuettel
flag msg tools
Hello gamers,
what should a player do, when he hasn´t got enough dice when filling up the environments in phase 6. We had a game with three players and this happened to one player, who had to fill up four regions. Three of these were grasland and forest, that can keep many populations. We found no rules for this scene.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group has played Biosphere about a dozen times and we have never encountered this situation. I would say that we are usually using about half the dice. Are you killing off the dice in phase one? In other words, in phase one of the game your old populations become extinct and are taken off the game map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Hoffmann
Germany
Essenbach
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not have this happen either in any of my multiple games. My take is that you have to decide where to fill up and where not and thats that. The dice are limited and for me it would be counter intuitive to take dice from other areas and have them die „on purpose“.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Gräbner
Germany
Wolfenbuettel
flag msg tools
Hi Tony,
thanks for your tipp. But the missing killing of the old population is not the problem. We did it in phase 1 and had not enough dice in phase 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Gräbner
Germany
Wolfenbuettel
flag msg tools
Hello Arne,
that was the way, we solved the situation. The player had to decide, where he wants to place his remaining dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.