GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,127 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Scythe: Invaders from Afar» Forums » General

Subject: Albion $2 cardboard coins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Is there any to get hold of $2 cardboard coins for Albion? Just bothers me very slightly that they're the only faction without their own style of currency.

I don't want to pay for Albion metal coins, since they will be mismatched with all the cardboard coins of the other factions (which I am happy with.)

Curious about why these aren't in the box to start with, especially since Togawa has its own? Of course, they aren't necessary or anything, but just wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but $2 cardboard coins don't exist. We included $50 cardboard coins in Invaders out of concerns for 7-player games running out of coins, though to my knowledge that hasn't ever happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolster IEM
Antarctica
Connecticut
msg tools
mb
that assumes $1 coins are Crimea, but I don't see it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seleCT wrote:
that assumes $1 coins are Crimea, but I don't see it

They are indeed inspired by old Crimean coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Thanks, Jamey. Just thought I'd check in case I'd missed it somewhere in browsing. Just got invaders today - very much look forward to playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel bad for Albion not getting their own coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pérez
Spain
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
I'm sorry, but $2 cardboard coins don't exist. We included $50 cardboard coins in Invaders out of concerns for 7-player games running out of coins, though to my knowledge that hasn't ever happened.

So the new two factions don't have their own coins? They have to use the coins of the other factions? In that case, wich ones with Japanese and wich with the Albion faction? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Seymour
United States
SAINT LOUIS
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Jakub Rozalski Did Nothing Wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fresisurf wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

So the new two factions don't have their own coins? They have to use the coins of the other factions? In that case, wich ones with Japanese and wich with the Albion faction? Thanks in advance for your reply.

I think you may be confused. Every faction uses the coins of every other faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pérez
Spain
flag msg tools
Oh, so it's not necesary to pick only the coins of your own faction... Thanks for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fresisurf wrote:
Oh, so it's not necesary to pick only the coins of your own faction... Thanks for the reply.

That would be pretty thematic though - every faction with it's own currency!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pérez
Spain
flag msg tools
I had a wrong idea, thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.