GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,771 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Innovation Deluxe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Charter of Liberties Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
Charter of Liberties, a blue 3 Artifact reads "Tuck a card from your hand. If you do,s play left its color, then coose a splayed color on any player's board. Execute all of that color's top card's non-demand effects, without sharing.

1. Does that include echo effects on the chosen card (but presumably not other echo effects on cards in the same colored stack)?

2. Does that include Compel efects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Wegner
United States
Midland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I would have to say yes, it includes echoes because they are effects, and it says to execute all that card's effects.

2. No, the rules say that Compel effects are a special type of demand effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robertnorse wrote:
Charter of Liberties, a blue 3 Artifact reads "Tuck a card from your hand. If you do,s play left its color, then coose a splayed color on any player's board. Execute all of that color's top card's non-demand effects, without sharing.

1. Does that include echo effects on the chosen card (but presumably not other echo effects on cards in the same colored stack)?

2. Does that include Compel efects?

1. I would be interested in an official reply, but to me this means you execute all the echo effects in the stack, and then the non-Demand dogma effect without sharing. See Austin's reply, designer confirmed it is correct.

2. Compel is defined as a special case Demand effect, so I'd say no, you would not execute those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
Thanks, Austin and Murr. I too would like to know if (a) the echo effects on the chosen card are included, and (b) whether all the other echo effects of the stack get included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
WolFox wrote:
1. I would have to say yes, it includes echoes because they are effects, and it says to execute all that card's effects.

2. No, the rules say that Compel effects are a special type of demand effect.

Austin is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless Carl or Chris say otherwise, I think it's safe to say that it is only the effects on the top card that are executed, not the entire stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.