GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,897 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Game Trayz rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

does someone what happens with the Game Trayz for Terraforming Mars ?
http://www.gametrayz.com/terraforming-mars-game-trayz-mat-al...

they said that they have done a partneship with BGG but i can't find anything on BGG nor on their website (out of stock).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This [url|https://boardgamegeekstore.com/collections/game-trayz/produc...]Geek Store[/url] page says:

Quote:
Pre-orders for these Trayz will open soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giantmike wrote:
This [url|https://boardgamegeekstore.com/collections/game-trayz/produc...]Geek Store[/url] page says:

Quote:
Pre-orders for these Trayz will open soon!

thanks but it says that since months...

apparently they sold some of them and now are sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I have only played my copy a few times but I can tell you these trays are awesome and well worth the money!!!

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
I have only played my copy a few times but I can tell you these trays are awesome and well worth the money!!!
I've played with other people's copies about 10-15 times and I prefer playing without them. I certainly wouldn't pay money for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
I've played with other people's copies about 10-15 times and I prefer playing without them. I certainly wouldn't pay money for them.

Are you actually saying you prefer playing on plain paper mats with no protection against table bumping, dropping cubes or any other force that might move cubes and mess up tracking of production and what resources came from where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been a lot of discussion about the potential for disaster. In the 30+ games we’ve played with various groups, it has never happened that the player mats were bumped. If it ever becomes an issue, I’ll revisit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

Are you actually saying you prefer playing on plain paper mats with no protection against table bumping, dropping cubes or any other force that might move cubes and mess up tracking of production and what resources came from where?
Yup. I find the trays cumbersome and fiddly. In my plays without the trays, which is probably around 80 plays now, I've only had issues with bumping a handful of times and it was easy enough to fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I directly emailed BGG store and inquired as to availability. In BGG store email reply (June 18), quote: "Game Trayz is finalizing the pricing and production time and we should have an update sometime later this week" unquote.

Given the reply was 7 days ago, hopefully we should hear something this week and that Game Trayz will have enough units made to satisfy demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

Yup. I find the trays cumbersome and fiddly. In my plays without the trays, which is probably around 80 plays now, I've only had issues with bumping a handful of times and it was easy enough to fix.

The two comments in this thread are literally the only people I have ever heard saying they prefer not using trays. Every person I have taught this too and that plays it that I know has replaced the original play mats with something.

If this was a $50 retail game the play mats might be excusable.. but at the price point it's insulting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

I personally don't like that these trays lack any real artwork on them, which is why I prefer acrylic overlays on the original boards. Only downside is that they take up a lot of room in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
If this was a $50 retail game the play mats might be excusable.. but at the price point it's insulting.
Eh... the replacement trays that you prefer sell for almost $6 each, right? So a full set increases the cost of the game by almost $30. I don't particularly want to spend another $30 on the game. Nor do I see how they could easily shoehorn another $30 worth of stuff into the game and keep the price the same without cutting down their profit to practically nothing.

There have been tons of discussions about the mats. The designers have explained their rationale for why they made the choices they did. I'm going on the assumption that they're honest forthright people who are telling the truth and not trying to pull the wool over our eyes. When they say it didn't make sense and would have been too expensive, I'm going to believe them. In which case they made the best decision they saw and tried to give us a game at the best price they could. It's silly to feel insulted unless you actually believe they're not telling the truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife bought me a set of five Game Trayz for Christmas. They have seen a lot of use and we are very happy with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather not derail the thread rehashing what I've posted on multiple threads already.
Back on topic...
I'm still amazed that there are people who prefer the original playmats.
I've played just shy of 50 games and I can not imagine not using something to replace the trays. I can remember (which usually means there are twice as many instances I am forgetting) at least 4 times where I alone almost wrecked my game by bumping the gametrayz mat. But it did it's job and kept anything from getting messed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
corkysru wrote:
The two comments in this thread are literally the only people I have ever heard saying they prefer not using trays. Every person I have taught this too and that plays it that I know has replaced the original play mats with something.

If it is numbers that you care about, I’ll happily contribute to this thread with the remark that I have no need for game trays either. To me they are an expensive solution to a non-existent problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
corkysru wrote:

If it is numbers that you care about, I’ll happily contribute to this thread with the remark that I have no need for game trays either. To me they are an expensive solution to a non-existent problem.
Numbers make the world go round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
corkysru wrote:

I also think they are not necessary. I never had a problem with them, nor for that matter any of the components of the game. But we sometimes play whilst sitting on the sofa and for this they were just not practical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
Whymme wrote:
corkysru wrote:

I also think they are not necessary. I never had a problem with them, nor for that matter any of the components of the game. But we sometimes play whilst sitting on the sofa and for this they were just not practical.

Maybe not necessary, but the overlays are nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sent two emails to Noah about these (ad other things) about a month ago and have had no reply. I do hope nothing happened to him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
Hi,

does someone what happens with the Game Trayz for Terraforming Mars ?
http://www.gametrayz.com/terraforming-mars-game-trayz-mat-al...

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to ask here, but I got these from Game Trayz last year some time. They took a long time to send them (including sending an apology for the delay when they finally responded to my e-mail), but they sent them eventually (it took 5 or 6 weeks, IIRC), and I have used them consistently since. I really like them. But if I ordered them again, I might spring the 8 bucks (or whatever) for the colored stickers for the icons on the trays; the all white trays can be a little confusing for newer folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:

What he said. I like the add on game trays. But I don't think they are necessary. The game works just fine with he basic mats, unless you are drunk. Or on a boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

Heh, I paid $35 for new in the box... I don't use trays, either. A friend put magnets in the his player cubes, but I do not see any need.

That's three, plus the multitude of people who have said so in this group who you either didn't see or decided to ignore.

I'm insulted you think everyone else in the world is a klutz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
I'd rather not derail the thread rehashing what I've posted on multiple threads already.
Back on topic...
I'm still amazed that there are people who prefer the original playmats.

HOW is that NOT derailing the thread????

Enquiring minds want to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Whymme wrote:
corkysru wrote:

Numbers make the world go round.

All my groups play with the original player mats and are happy with them even if there has been overlays around to try/use, noone has adapted to use any of them, they think they are too fiddly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasixty wrote:
Mavis101 wrote:
Whymme wrote:
corkysru wrote:

Maybe not necessary, but the overlays are nice.

Bingo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.