GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: field battle question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Harvey
msg tools
Situation: Haps intercept prots (thus haps are defending in the up coming field battle), haps have 2 units and a + 1 leader, prots have 3 units. field battle is fought, with both sides getting exactly 2 hits. Reading through the field battle results, literally, it seems the haps won the battle (if both sides have the same number of hits the defender is the winner), this will force the prots to retreat, but that the haps leader was captured (if one side is completely eliminated any commanders are captured - or words to that effect). this seems like an odd result, but I cannot find wording in the rules anywhere that indicate that a power, who is completely eliminated automatically loses, nor where a power who wins, but ends up with no combat units is displaced (except where it refers to this in battles with independents or minors)

we played it exactly as written, but this seems wonky....any advice? Surely we can't be the 1st to find this result, but I could not find any forums on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rickallenh wrote:
Situation: Haps intercept prots (thus haps are defending in the up coming field battle), haps have 2 units and a + 1 leader, prots have 3 units. field battle is fought, with both sides getting exactly 2 hits. Reading through the field battle results, literally, it seems the haps won the battle (if both sides have the same number of hits the defender is the winner), this will force the prots to retreat, but that the haps leader was captured (if one side is completely eliminated any commanders are captured - or words to that effect). this seems like an odd result, but I cannot find wording in the rules anywhere that indicate that a power, who is completely eliminated automatically loses, nor where a power who wins, but ends up with no combat units is displaced (except where it refers to this in battles with independents or minors)

we played it exactly as written, but this seems wonky....any advice? Surely we can't be the 1st to find this result, but I could not find any forums on it

This very scenario was brought up in the VQ forums. Same rules...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12124466#12124466

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Harvey
msg tools
I looked for something like that post for the last 3 days and could not find it.... thx :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your understanding of the rules is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.