GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,263 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Corée 1950» Forums » General

Subject: First Game Play! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I played through turn M1 and quit there with a U.N. player operational victory. I am not sure why there are no April or May turns on the turn track and I understand the INV turn is June of 1950 but next couple of years skip April, May & June?

I know I lost something using the English rules as the conversion from French to English is kind of odd and I messed up a few rules no doubt and forgot the Event section on a couple of turns. I wasn't sure when some units could come on as reinforcements so I used commonsense to the best of my abilities.

The counters; Infantry, Tanks & HQ units are too cool not to at least play this game once on a nice map. So I may have to read the rules again and play this again someday. I think I'll play the Korea 1950 sister game first, called: Operation Husky, Sicily 1943, since they use the same rule set. Reading those rules will help me play this game a second time as well, if not, as few house rules will do the trick.

My games started with a strong North Korean push south where they were able to capture Seoul and push close to the Pusan Perimeter before stronger U.N. forces, mostly American forces push the North Koreans north and captured both Pyongyang and Wonsan and formed a solid line across that section of North Korean that even the Chinese Army couldn't push out of that way in their four turns on the map.

Did I play everything correctly, I doubt it, are my results accurate, I doubt it, but I enjoyed playing it, the most important part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.