GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,456 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kunming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the unusual situation of SEAC headquarters disappearing. Rangoon has fallen to the Japanese and the Burma Road is closed, no hump. So now during attrition I assume that Kunming is not a supply source and the Chinese stacked there are out of supply. With the HQ gone reduced steps are now wiped out during attrition. It just didn't feel right so I wanted to see if I was missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I had the unusual situation of SEAC headquarters disappearing. Rangoon has fallen to the Japanese and the Burma Road is closed, no hump. So now during attrition I assume that Kunming is not a supply source and the Chinese stacked there are out of supply. With the HQ gone reduced steps are now wiped out during attrition. It just didn't feel right so I wanted to see if I was missing something.

This sounds right but how did SEAC HQ disappear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only think of this happening after Game Turn 1 Campaign Game when SEAC then comes in as a reinforcement during Turn 2 and is placed in Rangoon which Japan captures as part of a last card play and the Allies are unable to place SEAC again via card play before the end of the Offensives Phase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Greenman
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

I hope you enjoy this fascinating game. Nothing will match our epic ASL 'Bloody Red Beach' encounters, but this game is really worth your time. Great to see you are learning it.

Look me up if you want to play some of it via ACTS/Vassal

Mark from Utah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are definitely too many Marks in this thread.

Mark my words!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GS in KS wrote:
There are definitely too many Marks in this thread.

Mark my words!!

You can never have too many Marks in a thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Francisco identified the situation more or less correctly. My opponent wanted to try the forward position and I didn't think much of it until the attrition phase. I never anticipated how disastrous it could be for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember you well. I still tell that story. My favorite ASL story. Maybe I will take you up on your generous offer.

markgreenman wrote:
Hi Mark,

I hope you enjoy this fascinating game. Nothing will match our epic ASL 'Bloody Red Beach' encounters, but this game is really worth your time. Great to see you are learning it.

Look me up if you want to play some of it via ACTS/Vassal

Mark from Utah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Scanlan
United States
Swampscott
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Definitely too many Marks!
How about requesting a match and getting a response from Mark Greenman – reading it a bit too fast – it looked as if I was up against Mark Herman! Now I’m in for it.

Putting on my glasses, “Greenman” fell into focus. It still turned out that I got a ferocious and cunning adversary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.