GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,528 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: 7-8 Player Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ended up making my own 7-8 Player expansion for the 4th Edition.

It uses the plastic ships from 3rd edition (grey and orange).

There were a bunch of new components needed and I found some help in stuff other people had made but everything you see in the photos was edited by me to make it work with the 4th edition.

There are enough new systems to play with 7 or 8 people or even 6 players with the larger galaxy. The new systems have an even spread of planet types and tech planets as well as anomalies.

This was a crazy amount or work (partially my fault for using too thick of cardboard that made cutting a pain).

Ironically a couple of weeks after I finished this I finally found a buyer for my 3rd edition copy and so now don't even have the plastic pieces to play with it any more. So I will be passiong this along to someone who can actually uuse it. My table doesn't fit more than 6 people anyway...

Just thought I would share before I got rid of it =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arnold
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pictures don't seem to be there....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YinBro wrote:
The pictures don't seem to be there....

The photos just got approved so they should be visible now =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arnold
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work!

Are you passing it along to a friend or did you sell it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks nice. Did you only use the planet images and whatnot from 3rd edition to make this, or did you also add some new ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YinBro wrote:
Nice work!

Haven't decided. It would be nice to get some compensation for the 5 hours of work and materials hehe I might action it off =) So far only a few people said they were interested but their offers were so low I rather keep it haha.

Magesmiley wrote:
It looks nice. Did you only use the planet images and whatnot from 3rd edition to make this, or did you also add some new ones?

I didn't make the system hexes with the planets myself. I made all the anomalies and empty systems. For the planets I edited some files I found on imgur. They had done the grunt of the work but unfortunately the hexes were the wrong size and not suited for printing. My part was a lot of editing as well as making all the Tech cards and Promissary notes and prepping everythign for printing. The colours have all been corrected on the backs and now reference these new player colours (even Hypermetabolism was corrected). =)

To answer your question though, yes the planets are "the same" as in 3rd Edition. Many names and resources/influence are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Naz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binnet wrote:

To answer your question though, yes the planets are "the same" as in 3rd Edition. Many names and resources/influence are the same.

Ok, just thought that I'd inquire - I've got a file of new TI Systems that I've been adding to and wouldn't mind additional contributions from other fans. If they're the planets/images from TI3, that probably wouldn't work though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Rutkowski
Sweden
Uppsala
Upplands Län
flag msg tools
YinBro wrote:
Nice work!

He sold it.

And I must say, it looks even better in person. Great quality and going to use it for the first time this saturday for a 7-player game.

We also, while discussing the sale, realized that unit count might be different between 3e and 4e but I can say that no, it isn't. In both editions the colors have the following:
1 Flagship
5 Dreadnaughts
2 War Suns
8 Cruisers
8 Destroyers
4 Transports
12 Ground Forces
10 Fighters
6 PDS
3 Star Docks

Obviously, models are different but that mean that I'm able to transplant my grey and orange models from 3e without any problems at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly Heistad
Canada
flag msg tools
hey!

Is there any chance you still have the files you used to create these? I'm interesting in creating an 8-player expansion and this could provide a ton of help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.