GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,322 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Burial Gifts Custom Expansion Module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Here are a selection of 10 "Burial Gift" cards to be either selected or randomly dealt out to each player at the beginning of a game to add flavor and variability. It adds upon the concepts presented in the Item Card Module, but no major rule changes are necessary to integrate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.S. SIRIUS
msg tools
I like it, but that fire gem should definitely be applying magic damage IMO. If it were up to me, I'd make it more faithful to the game. Fire gem is a low level upgrade that applies magic and a modest damage boost. Also, I do like the pendant reference, but it's a shame it doesn't do anything from a board game context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah
United States
Lovettsville
VA
flag msg tools
DSSIRIUS wrote:
....Also, I do like the pendant reference, but it's a shame it doesn't do anything from a board game context.

It's clearly a luck token, allowing you to re-roll one time as a disposable action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah
United States
Lovettsville
VA
flag msg tools
Your card backs are slightly different dimensions than your card fronts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.S. SIRIUS
msg tools
STEPHpunisher wrote:
DSSIRIUS wrote:
....Also, I do like the pendant reference, but it's a shame it doesn't do anything from a board game context.

It's clearly a luck token, allowing you to re-roll one time as a disposable action.

The card icon shows that it equips in a ring slot. Do you see something else that suggests it is a disposable luck token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah
United States
Lovettsville
VA
flag msg tools

See the image for the luck token on the player board. The card may not be disposable, but it's clearly a luck token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.S. SIRIUS
msg tools
The luck token is in fact the coin on the right. The pendant represents the one time power usage shown in the top left corner. That would make sense for it to allow the power usage once however without flipping your ordinary token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
panzer-hund panzer-hund
msg tools
I also find a Pendant unclear. Could be written in description "Works as additional Luck token".
BTW lots of work, Good job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah
United States
Lovettsville
VA
flag msg tools
The lack of clarity is thematically consistent with the pendant in the video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.