GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Rune Age» Forums » Variants

Subject: Photoshop templates for custom cards now available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made up two Photoshop templates to create custom Rune Age cards. One template is for horizontal cards such as the Home Realms and Monuments. The other is for all the vertical cards like Units, Events, etc.

I'd post them to the files section, but the templates use graphics from scanned cards. Not sure how to go about getting approval for that.

You'll need to dig up a few free fonts on the web:

Blackmoor LET
Windlass
Dearest

and one that comes with Photoshop, AdobeGaramondPro.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjpaguu42wzhpad/horizontal_cards.z...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgzp8z4ow4au6k4/vertical_cards.zip

All feedback welcome! I'm not an artist but have done the best I'm capable of to make them look like the real thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the effort. It almost makes me want to work on my expansion.

Still, I open the files in GIMP, the horizontal cards only have health/gold icons. I think other stuff is missing like title.

As for the vertical cards, is the text supposed to be editable? Because right now, it seems it seems to be a raster layer.

Still, I could generate the necessary background of the cards, then save as a flat picture, import it in inkscape and add the text above the card and the picture under the card. This is how I did it with my "Eldritch Express".

The only thing I would be missing is the right font.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:
Thanks for the effort. It almost makes me want to work on my expansion.

Still, I open the files in GIMP, the horizontal cards only have health/gold icons. I think other stuff is missing like title.

As for the vertical cards, is the text supposed to be editable? Because right now, it seems it seems to be a raster layer.

Still, I could generate the necessary background of the cards, then save as a flat picture, import it in inkscape and add the text above the card and the picture under the card. This is how I did it with my "Eldritch Express".

The only thing I would be missing is the right font.

Bah, I forgot to put the scroll w/ text for the Home Realms, thank you. But other than that, that should be it for the horizontal cards, they are mostly the image and the faction icon/image which would be supplied for customs.

The text hasn't been rasterized at all, maybe the Gimp is doing that?

Would love to see your expansion, is it a faction or scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the idea was to find a way to expand the game without having to shuffle expansion card with the original cards. So I came up with the following solution:

Buildings: Horizontal cards attached to home cards.
Scenarios: Like other scenario card.
Herd: This is a stack of monster cards used as a common ennemy for any players.
Locations: There might be new locations to match the new scenario requirement.

In the end, it's anything that cannot be shuffled into a player's deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the templates.

The horizontal now has the scroll (currently the Daqan one) and text for the faction.

In the vertical I updated all the card titles to have a larger font size for the first letter of each word, which seems to be what FFG does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the .ttf font available? Could you also post them, or link me to the font if it's on the web somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.