Fantastic Factories» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [PUZZLE] The Red Herring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Doe
msg tools
mbmbmb
Try to get as many goods as you can

https://pf.fantasticfactories.com/puzzle?cardIDs=%5B%22gol%2...

Update: Had double Incerinator... now fixed to be according to the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah! I think I got it...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Step 1, use Headquarters and the 4#6 to generate 4 goods. Lab will trigger giving 1 card.

End result, 4 goods and 1 card.

I was really trying to get the energy to use the battery factory, but I couldn't find a way, and then your puzzle name kind of gave it away.

Also, note that you have two copies of Incinerator on the board and you can only ever have one copy of any given blueprint in your factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Faulkner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Wow, haha. cry

I was sure I could figure out a way to power the Battery Factory, but it is, indeed, a red herring. (I could be wrong)

Here's a really bad way to solve this puzzle, since you make 4 goods 1/2 of the time, and 1 good the other half.

1. Throw good judgement to the wind and put 6 on Mine. [666, 1 Metal]
2. Spend 1 Metal to use Robot to (pray and then) roll an extra die. I hope you rolled a 2, 3, or 6. [666, and then that extra die you just rolled]
3a. If you rolled a 6, great. Stop messing around and put 4x6 on Headquarters and get your 4 goods. Everyone else is waiting on you!!!
3b. If you rolled a 2 or 3, oh jeez. Don't worry we can do this. Place that die on Generate and make 2 or 3 energy, respectively. Then spend 1 energy to use Golem (this immediately gives you an extra 1) and then spend 1 energy to use Dojo to flip the 1 into a 6, and now stop messing around and run Headquarters and get your 4 goods, all while make grumbling noises about how "if only" you'd rolled better you could have made 92 points this turn
3c. If you rolled a 1, 4, or 5... Congratulations!!! You can run Battery Factory!!! Unfortunately, you can no longer run Headquarters.... cry

Great puzzle, great title.

EDIT: Also, Chad is correct, you can NOT have 2 copies of the same card in your compound. If we ignore that rule though, I still don't think there's a way to get 5 goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm sorry - it was not intended to break the rules...

I changed the second Incinerator now to the card I wanted to have instead. But well... does it make a difference...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Winkler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think it makes a difference

0. Start (#6 #6 #6 #6)
1. Motherlode (#6 #6 #6 2M)
2. Robot (#6 #6 #6 #? 1M)
3. Research (#6 #6 #6 1C 1M)
4. Incinerator (#6 #6 #6 6E)
5. Golem (#1 #6 #6 #6 5E)
6. Dojo (#6 #6 #6 #6 4)
7. Battery Factory (#6 #6 #6 #6 1G)
8. Headquarters (5G)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well done! I had a slightly different solution with more steps...

You could additionally have used the Laboratory to generate an extra card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls