GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Imhotep: A New Dynasty» Forums » General

Subject: Box Size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone know if I can stick the base box components in this box? One of my biggest problems with the base game is the box is so huge for the components in the box! Just wanted to see if anyone has tried that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joeshmo594 wrote:
Anyone know if I can stick the base box components in this box? One of my biggest problems with the base game is the box is so huge for the components in the box! Just wanted to see if anyone has tried that.

No chance, the box is tiny, you could fit the compenents to this in the base box though, with room to spare.

If you need a picture for box size comparison, i can take one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
joeshmo594 wrote:

I tried this last night and I think it close. Nothing but the rule book wouldn't fit in the box on their own (no tile is too large). I haven't mapped it out, but if you were willing to use a spacer to give the box an extra 1/2 - 3/4 inch (so a relatively loose lid fit), you might be able to fit everything.

I'm going to look into designing a 3D printed insert (first attempt) to see if it is doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did it without the cubes in bags.

Everything fits with the box flush without the base game rulebook. Lid sticks up a bit with it in the box, folded in half.

Note: This is everything released thus far, both postcards and the Brettspiel promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.