GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,087 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Enemy Action: Ardennes» Forums » General

Subject: AS: German Detachments and VP or Fueld Depot Hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a German Detachment is placed in an Allied VP hex or a hex containing a Fuel Depot marker, are the VP's or Fuel marker awarded to the Germans?

Thanks,

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would say no in both cases, but I'm still learning the rules for this solo mode

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 15.52 indicates that when the Detachment marker is placed in these unoccupied, Allied towns that "Doing so makes the town German." However, the VP rules and Fuel Depot rules do not indicate that it's the ownership of the hex that gives the VP/Fuel. Instead, those rules (17.1 for VP's and 13.52 for Fuel Depots) indicate that when a German unit enters the hex, the German side gains the benefits.

Wasn't sure if placing the Detachment marker was considered "entering" the hex.

Per a post on ConSimWorld, though, John Butterfield has indicated that the VP's and Fuel Depot markers should be awarded when a Detachment is placed in those hexes.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
tpholt wrote:
Rule 15.52 indicates that when the Detachment marker is placed in these unoccupied, Allied towns that "Doing so makes the town German." However, the VP rules and Fuel Depot rules do not indicate that it's the ownership of the hex that gives the VP/Fuel. Instead, those rules (17.1 for VP's and 13.52 for Fuel Depots) indicate that when a German unit enters the hex, the German side gains the benefits.

Wasn't sure if placing the Detachment marker was considered "entering" the hex.

Per a post on ConSimWorld, though, John Butterfield has indicated that the VP's and Fuel Depot markers should be awarded when a Detachment is placed in those hexes.

Tony

Well, that surprises me. It should be witten in the rules; could you add here the link to ConSimWorld?
The way rules are written suggested me that a "physical unit" was needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd4b69c/2762
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.