GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,565 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Expanse Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: How many episodes to watch before learning more about this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Horm
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know about the book. Loving the TV Series. I want to know more about this game, but I don't want to spoil the show. How far do I watch before I start learning more about this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Other than the setting, the game really has nothing to do with the show. No plot line/story told by the game. No spoilers.

Edit: And if you are enjoying the show, definitely think about reading the books. They are MUCH better than the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Horm
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm. I guess got scared when the description of the game talked about the ProtoGen faction which wasn't a thing in the first half of the first season, or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1981214/are-there-spoilers-...

It does include spoilers though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Other than the setting, the game really has nothing to do with the show. No plot line/story told by the game. No spoilers.

Edit: And if you are enjoying the show, definitely think about reading the books. They are MUCH better than the show.

What Jeff said x10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Horm
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcuslind1 wrote:
See this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1981214/are-there-spoilers-...

It does include spoilers though

First two season it is then. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lanky321 wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:

What Jeff said x10

Actually, there are a few, albeit minor spoilers in the game, but if you're halfway through season two, you'll be past those AND will get the most out of the game, context-wise.

As to all the book readers insisting that the books are way better: Not all books are equally well received, and some changes in the show are pretty smart. To learn more about those changes, habe a look at this interesting book-to-show comparison for each episode:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hadYgJEXMQ&list=PLFYjb8nlbMyT...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the cards do a good job of correlating the name of the card, the action, and factions, but you'd have to really be paying attention for them to spoil anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.