• [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!

Worked on some terrain this afternoon and started reading Frostgrave: The Maze of Malcor tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed, great people and a great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
me too, i wish i could build a better scene/community for it around here at my buddies game store. He just doesn't have an effective way of monetizing it i am afraid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a line of minis made for Frostgrave. And you can use any minis for it, so it would be a great way to push sales of Reaper Bones, Wizkids' unpainted lines, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
My group loves Frostgrave so much that we created Frostgrave Challenge Coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
Me too!

Worked on some terrain this afternoon and started reading Frostgrave: The Maze of Malcor tonight.

Just bought it yesterday, expecting TerrainCrate next week - looking forward to working out how to do the scenarios in the campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murrell Sippy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right there with ya!! This is something I'm getting as many people to try as possible. The applications for this game go well past the stuff in the books and can be applied to more involved roleplay instances where people have "followers" and such.

I do wish there was a bit more depth in hirelings. Would be neat if Necromancers could have a warband of undead, Thaumaturges could get could religious warriors and Elementalists could get, well, elementals. And even rules for "small" hirelings, such as goblins and halfings, that don't just give those models tactical advantages with no stat downsides like they do now (and if anyone is trying to convince you his goblin rangers aren't giving him a tactical advantage, he's either stupid or full of shit).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bradley
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I’m right there with you. I only bought the rules a few months ago and fell in love straight away. It’s the first minis game I’ve ever played and I’m playing it with Lego terrain and collectible minifigures! I love how straight forward the game is and the rules feel so adaptable. I’ve quickly bought all the expansions laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Davis
United States
flag msg tools
Just got the game book. Never done minis. Never owned a miniatures game. Going to paint up my Battlelore figures, throw some junk on the table and roll with it. Upgrade to Reaper bones as I go.

The theme and easy going nature of the game speaks to me. We'll have to see if it feels that way after a play or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
CptMuffincubes wrote:
Just got the game book. Never done minis. Never owned a miniatures game. Going to paint up my Battlelore figures, throw some junk on the table and roll with it. Upgrade to Reaper bones as I go.

The theme and easy going nature of the game speaks to me. We'll have to see if it feels that way after a play or two.

Reaper Bones are fine and I use them for my beastiary figs. You'll want to but them on bases. With that said, brigadegames.com carries a full line of Frostgrave miniatures. You may want to check them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Battlelore figures will be awesome. Post pics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Davis
United States
flag msg tools
I do plan to try out the Frostgrave miniatures down the road. I'm experimenting with metal washers for bases for Reaper Bones.

Thanks for the link to the Frostgrave minis. I didn't know they were sold individually like that.

Pics to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
Me too!

Maze of Malcor is going to be a lot of fun. Although the rules say the Pentangle schools of magic aren't made for new wizards, a couple of us have made some starting wizards that look pretty good. I am especially looking forward to utilizing "whiplash" and I can't help but take "Shape Starfire Elemental". The idea of throwing one of those at another Wizard is just too tempting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.