6 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Confrontations» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 player mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian loy

Florida
msg tools
Has anyone been able to make a good quality 2 player mode to this? iv'e tired adding kicks and removing assist cards and nothing makes it as smooth as rivals batman vs joker was. So i'm ready to farm this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bradlee
United States
Bolton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to sound snarky, but if you just play the way the rules tell you to play a 2-player game, it'll work and be fun. Do you know how Assist cards work in 2-player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two quick comments:

Some players think that Assist cards can only be played on your teammate. That's not true - they can be played on yourself.

As mentioned, there are already 2p rules in the rulebook. The change is that you can set aside one Assist card per turn to play on your next turn. In my opinion, this works well and makes for some interesting decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
While I actually prefer the 4-player version, I play mostly with as single opponent, and it's fine. I like that you can reserve an assist card for your next turn - it makes you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bradlee
United States
Bolton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and a quick note. The rules say to remove Swamp Thing and Magog from the Main Deck of there's only 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian loy

Florida
msg tools
yeah I obviously have read the rulebook several times and I dislike the assist mechanic in 2 player mode. I was just wanting to see if anyone had made a work around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.