Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I've been thinking about making neoprene boards for some of the games I own and I have a large FFG X-Wings miniatures mat and was wondering if someone has a solution to the problem of storage. How do you fit everything into one container, and/or how do you make it all look pretty?

I figured if there's anyone out there who'd given thought to how to store a neoprene mat with cards and other components——even player boards for that matter——then they'd likely haunt these illustrious halls.

If it was just small components, I'd say put them in the middle of the neoprene mat and have the game in a tube, but in X-Wing you have templates and the minis have bases, etc. I'd thought about a tackle box, but this seems a heavy duty solution and still doesn't offer any storage for the mat. Do people fold their neoprene? Would you score it so that it folds like game boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
me myself
msg tools
mb
Summoner Wars Alliances had it rolled up in the box.
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2413393/summoner-wars-allian...
(It's there under the rules book.)
Depends on how big the mat is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Horm
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always seen that X-Wing minis/components get their own storage solution, and the mats are rolled up and stored separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weird Guy
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get plastic tube at my FLGS to store the neoprene mats that I have. Unless the mat was designed to fit inside the box, there is often no way to put it there.

The tubes are the best compromise I found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.