Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb

https://www.dw.com/en/susan-sarandon-arrested-at-anti-trump-...

DW had this under 'film' and focuses on Sarandon, which I guess is kind of weird, but still a good story. People who are willing to pay a consequence (say getting arrested) for a protest isn't something that was happening a few years ago, and is now.

(I had some real hate for Ms. S in the election for some particularly vapid marxist commentary, but I have to respect putting your money at least a little bit where your mouth is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under the paving stones, the beach
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also been this happening in Portland - https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/28/us/portland-occupy-ice-pr...

windsagio wrote:

(I had some real hate for Ms. S in the election for some particularly vapid marxist commentary, but I have to respect putting your money at least a little bit where your mouth is).

From what I can tell as an outsider, the big group of people not putting their money where their mouth is are the very same people who are slagging off Saradon.

They're quick to go "if you voted third party this is your fault".

But when it comes to actually fighting they're nowhere to be seen.

Take the anti fascist demos. The anarchists have been doing the heavy lifting, despite their small numbers. The DSA have also been pulling their weight. The Clinton fans? Fuck all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We Will Not Cooperate

Shane wrote on Twitter about having a conversation with a cop about how they were willing to be arrested and the cop supporting their cause. Shane pointed out the dilemma and the cop chuckled and continued to arrest them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.