The Red Dragon Inn: Battle for Greyport» Forums » General

Subject: Monster deck icons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Some of the scenarios say to use a monster deck with a sword icon. I don't have that icon for any of my decks, and I don't see it referenced anywhere in the rules.

What deck are you supposed to use for the sword icon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game here (I'm at work) but there's no monster subdeck with a sword icon, at least according to page 19 of the rules. Can you upload a picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I've just realized what it is. I sorted through all the scenarios and noticed that the icon is only on the 5 pirate expansion scenarios, so that was an obvious clue. The divider for the pirate deck is a skull and crossbones, but if you pull the deck out and look at the bottom right of the cards there is a yellow sword under the skull and crossbones, the same sword as on the scenario cards.

So it's just a poor design where the symbol on the scenario cards doesn't match the symbol on the deck divider for the pirate deck its asking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, for the expansion. I was looking in the wrong rule book

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
You wouldn't have found it anyway, that sword symbol doesn't appear in the expansion rulebook either!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn - thanks for sharing this one!
Should we create a fan sticker to help with the divider?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.