Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Story Event 1 (slight spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Glenn

Wyoming
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you retrieve story event 1 and activate it says to place it on top of your event deck. Is this then the card I am to discard at the end of the round, effectively giving me another round? And I’m assuming it doesn’t activate again (causing a loop)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Yes to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Glenn

Wyoming
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derp, I found the answer in the rulebook and realised I’ve been playing event cards wrong. No wonder I was finding the game insanely hard.

I was revealing and discarding every round. Constant spawning and a very strict time limit (virtually impossible)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unlimited Power
msg tools
Only the Day event and Night event get revealed and discarded immediately. The rest (almost always, unless special instructions state otherwise in that specific quest) are resolved and the remain face up for the round.

Sounds like you are on the right track now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens W.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unlimitedpower wrote:
Only the Day event and Night event get revealed and discarded immediately.

A small correction to this: the day and night cards do not get discarded, but they get set aside. For these are the only two event cards to remain in play over multiple rounds. Usually the game starts with one of these in play already, and it remains in play until the other one is drawn from the event deck replacing the first one, turning night into day or vice versa.

They do get removed from the event deck though, so don't give you the extra round the other cards give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Incidentally, if day or night is the last card in the deck, then you lose if they are drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.