J Weintraub
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Lock him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is it the case that a Renegade on a pathway can basically re-arrange contaminants along that path at will, so long as they don't violate the stacking limits, since you can go back and forth up and down a data path repeatedly for zero cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes. Pathways are a wonderful thing. cool

Edit: just remember, you can't start a regular Move action without playing at least one Information command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warbanner wrote:
So, is it the case that a Renegade on a pathway can basically re-arrange contaminants along that path at will, so long as they don't violate the stacking limits, since you can go back and forth up and down a data path repeatedly for zero cost?

Yes! Also, since you have unlimited movement, even stacking limites are not really an issue.

For instance, if you have two Replicant on Partition A, and you want to get past a Partition B on the server with 3 Replicants to a Partition C on a pathway, there is nothing preventing you from:
- Moving to partition B without any Replicants.
- Moving two Replicants from B to C.
- Moving back to partition A.
- Moving two Replicants from A to B.
- Moving to partition C.

You can do this "move by move", or, as I do it (I'm probably not alone) just rearrange all Contaminants as you will along the Data Path (and even Sparks if you're playing Tilda )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kanngiesser
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:

Yes. Pathways are a wonderful thing. :cool:

Edit: just remember, you can't start a regular Move action without playing at least one Information command.

Do you mean generating one Information command or spending one Information command?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's just a matter of reading the rules:

Rulebook p.15 wrote:
A Ticket to Ride: You must generate at least one Command point and activate your Avatar to perform a Move Action before you can enter another partition, even if it is on a pathway (i.e., you cannot simply Move along a pathway without generating any Command points to get you started!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eliard wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:

Yes. Pathways are a wonderful thing. cool

Do you mean generating one Information command or spending one Information command?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kanngiesser
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cycyx wrote:

Rulebook p.15 wrote:
A Ticket to Ride: You must generate at least one Command point and activate your Avatar to perform a Move Action before you can enter another partition, even if it is on a pathway (i.e., you cannot simply Move along a pathway without generating any Command points to get you started!).

Yes... if you're on a pathway you need to generate the Information Command... but do you need to discard that card as used? I had gotten an answer to a similar question before but now I'm questioning my understanding of the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eliard wrote:
cycyx wrote:

Rulebook p.15 wrote:

Yes... if you're on a pathway you need to generate the Information Command... but do you need to discard that card as used? I had gotten an answer to a similar question before but now I'm questioning my understanding of the answer.

Yes, you can only generate and use the Commands on a card by playing and discarding the card. The only exception is cards which have a 'Reveal' effect, which are placed in front of you instead, and can be discarded for their Commands later in the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
eliard wrote:
cycyx wrote:

Rulebook p.15 wrote:

Yes, you can only generate and use the Commands on a card by playing and discarding the card. The only exception is cards which have a 'Reveal' effect, which are placed in front of you instead, and can be discarded for their Commands later in the turn.

I guess the question is: you have to *generate* a Command point before moving along a pathway, but does your initial movement (inside the pathway so costing 0) consumes this Command point. Am I right ?

If so, my understanding is "no": you generate the Command point by playing the card, you move along the pathway and use the Command point when you leave the pathway. *But*, if you stay on the pathway, your Command point is still lost (and the card card discarded).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cycyx wrote:

I guess the question is: you have to *generate* a Command point before moving along a pathway, but does your initial movement (inside the pathway so costing 0) consumes this Command point. Am I right ?

If that's the question, then the answer is 'no'; you can continue to move freely on the Pathway as soon as the Move action is initiated, and you can continue to move on and off a pathway for the duration of that action until you can afford to move no more; only moving to or from a partition with no Data Node/Port costs one Movement Point (remember each Information Command you generated when you initiated the action gives you 1 Movement Point), and moving between two partitions on a pathway costs zero movement points.

Quote:

If so, my understanding is "no": you generate the Command point by playing the card, you move along the pathway and use the Command point when you leave the pathway. *But*, if you stay on the pathway, your Command point is still lost (and the card card discarded).

That's right: you must have at least one Information Command to take the Move action, and even if you don't use any movement points during the action, you still discard the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.