Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to reduce your hand size for each individual Blitzkrieg attack, or just once for the (potential) three subsequent attacks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Do you have to reduce your hand size for each individual Blitzkrieg attack, or just once for the (potential) three subsequent attacks?

Pretty sure it’s every attack. Relevant rules from 7.9.2:
Quote:
The Blitzkrieg is an Attack which you resolve according to the Conflict Resolution Procedure (7.0) with the following changes:

• A series of Blitzkrieg Attacks may be up to three (3) individual sequential Attacks.

• Every time you declare a Blitzkrieg, move your marker one space on the Hand Size Track (2.6.1) to indicate a reduction of your Hand Size. Exceptions: Guderian (6.5.3.3), Operations Overlord (6.7.3) and Bagration (6.7.4).

“Declare a Blitzkrieg” might seem like it’s only once but “Blitzkrieg” is defined above that as an “Attack” so “Blitzkrieg” and “Blitzkrieg Attack” are the same thing.

It’s definitely resource intensive but the tradeoff is that you can use Events over and over in the attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
What about during Operation Barbarossa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

Pretty sure it’s every attack. Relevant rules from 7.9.2:
Quote:
The Blitzkrieg is an Attack which you resolve according to the Conflict Resolution Procedure (7.0) with the following changes:

• A series of Blitzkrieg Attacks may be up to three (3) individual sequential Attacks.

• Every time you declare a Blitzkrieg, move your marker one space on the Hand Size Track (2.6.1) to indicate a reduction of your Hand Size. Exceptions: Guderian (6.5.3.3), Operations Overlord (6.7.3) and Bagration (6.7.4).

“Declare a Blitzkrieg” might seem like it’s only once but “Blitzkrieg” is defined above that as an “Attack” so “Blitzkrieg” and “Blitzkrieg Attack” are the same thing.

It’s definitely resource intensive but the tradeoff is that you can use Events over and over in the attacks.

That's how we ruled it, too, but there's a vagueness to several passages in the rulebook, and that is one.

Also, wording on the Guderian event card seems to seal the deal - and I assume that his "once per turn" is an exception to the Blitzkrieg rule, which would allow me to use him every step of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
What about during Operation Barbarossa?

During Overlord, bagration and Guerdian there is no Blitzkrieg card penalty, as per 7.9.2.

Barbarossa has no hand reduction for the operation, as it is a special action, Or least no mention is made in 6.7.2. If you took a follow up Blitzkrieg Bonus action, the hand reduction would be applicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed Francis, Guderian is key to having a really good Barbarossa. I used his impact as well for all 3 blitzkreigs and not just one. Just played 1st game today and Germany got a little carried away trying to get to Moscow. Lowered their hand size to 3 and then got bombed to oblivion by end of 1942. I lost 3 straight event actions trying to get Swedish ore. Must say the map is really well designed as Russia often had an extra die due to having more territories and evened the fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Greetings,

You gents have it correctly. It is minus one card from the side making a Blitzkrieg attack from that side's hand FOR EACH BLITZKRIEG ATTACK.

Agreed, having the Guderian Event during Operation Barbarossa is a boon.

Good to point out that while the Axis sustains the Blitzkrieg Hand Size Reduction with Operation Barbarossa, that's not the case for the Allies with Operations Overlord/Bagration... no Hand Size Reduction for the Allies.

Enjoy HITLER'S REICH: A CARD CONQUEST SYSTEM GAME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your replies fred! I really enjoyed my first game as well as my opponent. Used guderisn wrong myself and didn’t pay for multiple blitzes. Seems so obvious now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Mauldin
United States
Texarkana
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is another rule that isn't clear from the rules. However in the Playbook, it is mentioned that you reduce hand size by one for EACH blitzkrieg attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Randy,

Sorry about that and I'm glad the Play Book example makes the rule intent clear. This item is not within the errata being compiled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.