Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you have submitted a game in the GDCR, you can come back later to edit it. This can include the game's title, description, status (i.e. Idea Phase, Component Phase, etc), and other information.

To edit a game, navigate to your game's page on the GDCR and click on edit.

You will be taken to a form that looks very similar to the Game Add form. All of the information that you previously entered will show in the form. Just change the information that needs updated and leave the rest as it is. You can change as few or as many of the fields as you need to.

Once you have made all the changes, click the "Edit My Game" button and your game's info will be updated in the database.

You can return to your game's GDCR page to see the changes.

All game changes are logged in the database so if you accidentally change something you didn't mean to, you can contact me and I'll be able to help recover the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work, Chris!
I wonder if the orange "Edit My Game!" button could be labelled "Save edits" or "Save changes", or something like that, as there is already an 'Edit Game' link that you click to start the editing process. Just sayin', might avoid some confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe "Update my Game"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. That's an easy fix. I'll grab that today.

I was also thinking of making a few smaller edit pages for common changes. i.e. Moving a game from Idea Phase to Components Available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stessens
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my game Albatross.
The 'edit the game' and 'add or edit categories' buttons aren't appearing on my page for the game. I would like to change some things and add myself to the categories but i just wont seem to show up.
The game is showing up on my user page.

Is it possible i did somthing wrong while adding the game or is there something else going on here?
Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steckie wrote:
Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my game Albatross.
The 'edit the game' and 'add or edit categories' buttons aren't appearing on my page for the game. I would like to change some things and add myself to the categories but i just wont seem to show up.
The game is showing up on my user page.

Is it possible i did somthing wrong while adding the game or is there something else going on here?
Thanks for the help.
I apologize for the delay here. I didn't see this question. For some reason it didn't show up in my subscription feed.

I went and looked at the history and it appears to be a bug with capitalization. The username was entered with different capitalization when creating the game and when coming back to edit it. (Steckie vs steckie.) The edit button only shows when the user signed in is an exact match.

I will get a fix in for that, but in the mean time, please try signing in with your username exactly as it is on BGG (with a capital S). Then you should see the edit button and be able to add categories, etc.

Thanks! Let me know if this works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls