Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

In my current game we came across a couple of questions that we either disagreed over or couldn't tell for sure.

1) Sharing Commands when using 7.3: If a side has two platoons and a CHQ can he issue a single command, assuming he is not using the road and path exception, to both the platoons and the CHQ? or is the ablility to share commands with subordinate platoons that a CHQ has limited to a single platoon each turn?

2)Can a unit in a ford hex be seen by an enemy unit one level higher if that enemy unit has to trace it's los along a straight line of stream hexes before arriving at the target? ie it is not adjacent but could 'see' along the stream.

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The CHQ couldn't share a single command with both of its platoons because the two platoons can't share a command.

2) A unit in a Ford hex may be by an adjacent unit and units at +2 height. As far a tracing LoS along a stream, I would need an example to say for certain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
1) The CHQ couldn't share a single command with both of its platoons because the two platoons can't share a command.

I figured that was the official answer. It's certainly implied in the rules, but I couldn't point to any particular passage in 7.3 to justify my answer. So I'm glad that you finally replied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you..

For instance the los in Map A from 2711 to 2713 or 2714?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mzen wrote:
For instance the los in Map A from 2711 to 2713 or 2714?

Good spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Shall I take that as a yes then? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.