Subject: Do you have to take an action with a die, what if you can't? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tones Bones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to take an action with a die?

Also what if you can't do anything with the die? Example: There are two four dice, and I have already upgraded my engine 4, I have the 4a action tile and the map is already filled in section 4, and there are no more goods in the 4 city to deliver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Did this really happen or is this hypothetical ?
Looks like a very, very, rare occurence ^^

Anyways, you'd then draft one dice and not use it, just remove it rom the pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tones Bones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response.

This happened to me in the game I played the other night, almost, the one thing I could do is draw a line in the 4 section but it would have been stupid as I already had a connection and didn't need to make another one.

But what about my other question, can I take a dice and choose to do nothing with it? (Even if I could use it on something.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonesmybones wrote:
Thank you for the response.

This happened to me in the game I played the other night, almost, the one thing I could do is draw a line in the 4 section but it would have been stupid as I already had a connection and didn't need to make another one.

But what about my other question, can I take a dice and choose to do nothing with it? (Even if I could use it on something.)

So you could have drawn, and you should have no matter whether it makes sense or not for your own in game purposes.
So if you really want a ruling here, it will be this :
If you can use the dice you must do so, and if there's one or more dice that allow you one action you must pick one of these and may not pick one unuseable dice.
If there are only unuseable dice, then you pick one and do nothing with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that a finished link is worth a point so drawing is never completely useless, though it can be more of a Hail Mary near the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.