Subject: A Couple of Questions on Minions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Bolinger
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. If the minion deck contains both a normal and hard version of the same minion, how do you determine which minion shows up if there is only a call for 1 of them?

2. The rule book says that if you ever run out of minions of 1 type, use the next hardest minion. Does that mean if I run out of plastic mini's for said minion or is that based on card count in the minion deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bullerman

Illinois
msg tools
I had the same question. Also if a big trouble card requires spawning of a minion not in your minion deck do you not spawn that minion? I don’t understand the point of the minion deck honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched some of the play videos that the publisher put up on youtube and I think you discard the normal version. Those cards are only for reference. When you randomly draw hard versions the normals go back in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I am curious on your 2nd question. We used the minion count in act 1 and when we ran out of that type of minion we spawn the next one from the chart. I wish the spawn chart was on some type of reference page on the back, it was hard to keep flipping through the rules to find it. Also when we started act II we started with all the minions listed on the quest cards we had completed, and not completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
gdboling wrote:
1. If the minion deck contains both a normal and hard version of the same minion, how do you determine which minion shows up if there is only a call for 1 of them?

2. The rule book says that if you ever run out of minions of 1 type, use the next hardest minion. Does that mean if I run out of plastic mini's for said minion or is that based on card count in the minion deck?

1. After you build the minion deck at the beginning of the game, it should never contain both regular and hard versions of the same minion. It should contain exactly one version of each minion.

2. That’s if you run out of plastic minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no minion deck really. You will leave all of them faceup for reference during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Forster wrote:
gdboling wrote:

1. After you build the minion deck at the beginning of the game, it should never contain both regular and hard versions of the same minion. It should contain exactly one version of each minion.

2. That’s if you run out of plastic minis.

Right!

Thanks Greg and Dustin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
And since the minion cards are all laid out face up as reference, you can arrange them in spawn order, so you can easily see which minions are spawned instead if you run out of a named minion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.