Subject: 2018 Werewolf Redux Series - Write Somebody Else's Role III! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:
ninja

May I ask how this works?

ninja

You write roles. You send them to dejo and me. The three of us talk about them and settle on the details. Then we build a game out of them and you start voting each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Raven1207 wrote:
ninja

ninja

You write roles. You send them to dejo and me. The three of us talk about them and settle on the details. Then we build a game out of them and you start voting each other.

ninja

Would that exclude Cupid?

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
Raven1207 wrote:
ninja

ninja

ninja

ninja

If you can think of a role, you can submit it. I don't believe mods will publicly approve or deny any possibility that aren't already precluded in the opening post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
Raven1207 wrote:
ninja

ninja

ninja

ninja

What Ape said. If you can think of a role that fits the rules in the opening post, you can totally do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 More Days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:3 I can't wait to see how this goes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question, since everyone can submit more than one entree, is one of there entrees going to get picked and the rest get discarded? Or does each entry get the same probability of happening as everyone else's idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:
Question, since everyone can submit more than one entree, is one of there entrees going to get picked and the rest get discarded? Or does each entry get the same probability of happening as everyone else's idea?

My understanding is that if you submit six roles, anywhere from zero to six of them could actually end up in the game. Twomil and dejo will be selecting the roles based on how they'd fit together into a good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's what it looks like. From the first game in the series:
twomillionbucks, in Write Somebody Else's Role I wrote:
Vovix wrote:
I'm sad because none of my roles were included

Don't take it personally. You weren't the only one.

Player - submitted roles included
dekal - 2
disp - 2
gdapkus - 1
grim - 0
jage - 1
kristie - 0
mel - 1
Pete - 0
super - 1
Taka - 1
Tiwaz - 3
violintides - 1
vovix - 0

I couldn't be any respecter of who submitted what roles if I had any hope of balancing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Raven1207 wrote:

My understanding is that if you submit six roles, anywhere from zero to six of them could actually end up in the game. Twomil and dejo will be selecting the roles based on how they'd fit together into a good game.

Yep, that's right.

My vacation ends today, so I'll get to work on this more soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up in the hope that someone submitted Sasquatch :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my last roles in! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Signups for this are closed.

More information coming soon...

Edit: Grim and Dispaminite can still sign up if they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooooooooooool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Horn
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I didn't notice the part where we submit the roles when we sign up. Is it too late for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FGJustice wrote:
Sorry, I didn't notice the part where we submit the roles when we sign up. Is it too late for that?

It is not too late. I will be sending out a reminder later to those who have not submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FGJustice wrote:

I think I've only seen roles from less than half of the roster so far. We do need them somewhat soon, but you're still good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
FGJustice wrote:

I think I've only seen roles from less than half of the roster so far. We do need them somewhat soon, but you're still good.

I will also be adding anything I have that you don't to the Google doc soonish. I got a fair number of emails on vacation, or so it felt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please have all roles submitted by this Friday, October 5, 2018 AD.By the Gregorian calendar, of course. Do not use the Julian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 day left or role idea submissions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a GM but haven't heard back. I can't play from Thursday-Monday with the new dates for the game. Should I drop out? Should I prepare a replacement ahead of time? I really wanted to play, but I've out of town for that stretch and won't be playing WW during that time at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I sent a GM but haven't heard back. I can't play from Thursday-Monday with the new dates for the game. Should I drop out? Should I prepare a replacement ahead of time? I really wanted to play, but I've out of town for that stretch and won't be playing WW during that time at all.

Idk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Idk

I wasn't asking you. I was asking the mods!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

I saw your geekmail, but I don't know the answer, as I don't know when Twomil expects the game to actually start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

I saw your geekmail, but I don't know the answer, as I don't know when Twomil expects the game to actually start.

I don't know either! I was thinking of trying to start on Monday, but we could also do the Monday after that...

There's also the issue that a bunch of people still haven't sent roles, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [59] |