Subject: 2018 Werewolf Redux Series - Write Somebody Else's Role III! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Tell us your feelings about each start date.
  This would be an awful start date! This would be an okay start date, I guess This would be an awesome start date! I have no feelings about this start date whatsoever.
Monday, October 8
Monday, October 15
Wednesday, October 17
Monday, October 22
      21 answers
Poll created by twomillionbucks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I sent a GM but haven't heard back. I can't play from Thursday-Monday with the new dates for the game. Should I drop out? Should I prepare a replacement ahead of time? I really wanted to play, but I've out of town for that stretch and won't be playing WW during that time at all.

I saw your geekmail, but I don't know the answer, as I don't know when Twomil expects the game to actually start.

I don't know either! I was thinking of trying to start on Monday, but we could also do the Monday after that...

There's also the issue that a bunch of people still haven't sent roles, so...

I'm sure several of us would be willing to send in more roles if you need them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like for it to start soon because I'm so hyped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Raven1207 wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I sent a GM but haven't heard back. I can't play from Thursday-Monday with the new dates for the game. Should I drop out? Should I prepare a replacement ahead of time? I really wanted to play, but I've out of town for that stretch and won't be playing WW during that time at all.

Idk

I wasn't asking you. I was asking the mods!

Yet you asked in a general place that does not have a specific direction whatever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the 15th is our start date.

If anyone's in a role-writing mood, we could use a few more good or ambiguous alignment roles. Nothing that could mechanically clear itself, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the rules permit the existence of a small number of mod created roles. Fair warning, we're allowed a bit of trickiness in the mod created roles. For example, we could make a role with the same name as a role you submitted but with different powers, or a role with the same powers as one you submitted but of the opposite alignment, or other such things. As with player created roles, there will be no alignment changes or hidden information in mod created roles, but we consider ourselves to have a fair amount of freedom inside the restrictions listed in the rules. Fair warning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Note that the rules permit the existence of a small number of mod created roles. Fair warning, we're allowed a bit of trickiness in the mod created roles. For example, we could make a role with the same name as a role you submitted but with different powers, or a role with the same powers as one you submitted but of the opposite alignment, or other such things. As with player created roles, there will be no alignment changes or hidden information in mod created roles, but we consider ourselves to have a fair amount of freedom inside the restrictions listed in the rules. Fair warning.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:

If anyone's in a role-writing mood, we could use a few more good or ambiguous alignment roles. Nothing that could mechanically clear itself, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:

I'm still in then!

Note that I won't actually participate much until the 16th though, as a PSA for yall. My flight gets back at 11pm on the 15th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse you extra 5%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Signups for this are closed.

More information coming soon...

Edit: Grim and Dispaminite can still sign up if they want.
Bummer!

I missed my chance...

Edit: Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're in the process of setting up. No posting please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of you had your roles editted before the game started. This does not mean the roles are in the game- we deliberately edited some that are not. We will post the final versions of the roles you submitted to your role chat unless you asked us before the game not to, in which case we'll PM them to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of you have N0 orders. The N0 deadline is: whenever we decide it's time to dawn, that's when dawn will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Some of you have N0 orders. The N0 deadline is: whenever we decide it's time to dawn, that's when dawn will be.

Dejo says that self-referential humor is not a substitute for actual deadlines and that therefore the N0 action deadline is 4:00 BGG. Day can come sooner if everyone checks in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2018065/votes
Vote Tally Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2018065/tally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Village Square Daily

Featured Articles:
"Werewolves: Man or Monster?" - page A2
"Why the Latest Health Craze is Fried Dirt and Why you Should be Eating it" - Health & Lifestyle, page D13
"Wife Stabs Husband with Squirrel" - Local News, page C5

Today's Comic

Classifieds
There is a hotdog salesperson in the game! They may be good or evil, but they will gladly sell you hotdogs either way...

You don't know what is in the hotdogs (i.e. what they will do to you), but the hotdog salesperson does.

Up until dusk, all players (including the hotdog salesperson) may vote for the Hotdog Salesman to get in line for a hotdog, first come, first served; however you may not vote elsewhere while in the queue. You may leave the queue at any time up until dusk by voting elsewhere, but your place in line will not be saved.

Your place in line will be respected regardless of your vote strength, however the hotdog salesperson may refuse service to any player(s) for any reason.

The number and identities of any player(s) consuming hotdog(s) will be announced by the mod at dusk, though which effect was in play will not be made public.

Hotdogs are non-transferrable and are immediately and simultaneously consumed by the player(s) that bought them.

The list of hotdog types is as follows. The available quantities are known only to the Hotdog Salesman (no more than three of each type per day):
- Poison hotdog - no effect if player is max evil, otherwise death
- Tofu dog - death if player is a max evil, otherwise no effect
- Bratwurst - single-cycle tough
- Corndog - cornbread shell causes all non-lethal powers that target the player to have no effect/return no result for one day/night cycle
- Chili cheese dog - terrible flatulence. Players start the next day with 1 vote on them
- Chicago style dog - ready for anything! Start the next day with -1 vote on them
- Rotten hotdog - vote strength set to 0 for one cycle
- High-carb hotdog - for 1 cycle, final vote cast by player does not count, but their second to last vote does
- Extra long dog - takes two days to eat. Player(s) count as being in line the next day even if they vote elsewhere

Weather Report
Today's weather: Clear Skies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[dawn]

You may post. First dusk is Tuesday. Play nice and have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote hotdog]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote hot dog salesman]?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit, TWM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (21/21) - # - Voted by

Hotdog Salesman - 2 - (1), (2)

Not Voting: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , Hotdog Salesman

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 5:00 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

- 1 - Hotdog Salesman(2)
- 1 - Hotdog Salesman(1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Project wrote:
VOTE TALLY

Hotdog Salesman - 2 - (1), (2)

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

- 1 - Hotdog Salesman(2)
- 1 - Hotdog Salesman(1)

Might want to sort out the aliases mods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote hotdog]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Hotdog Salesman - 3 - (1), (2), (3)

Not Voting: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , Hotdog Salesman

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

- 1 - Hotdog Salesman(3)
- 1 - Hotdog Salesman(2)
- 1 - Hotdog Salesman(1)

Not Voting: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , Hotdog Salesman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide