Subject: 2018 Werewolf Redux Series - Write Somebody Else's Role III! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Horn
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't sound like any of my roles got in either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I wanted to badly to be alive when the Infinity Gauntlet went off.
I like it.

If the dead thread existed and still voted, what was the explanation if everyone was still voting people off in there? Also from the living perspective, what was the purpose of the "dead" thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Who roleblocked me?

Oldhoss did, with his Knife power. Well, I did the kill, just in case anyone used a Watcher-type power, but Oldhoss's power allowed for any Max to perform the kill and still gain the benefit.

You were the nightkill, but the Knife delayed the onset of death until D2. But it also role-blocked you. Couldn't have oldhoss keeling over from being force-fed tofu. Knife also cut through Bodyguard / Martyr-type powers - but not Toughs. If you'd eaten the hot dog instead, we'd have had to kill elsewhere, and hope you fed the tofu to Royalflush (who would have survived thanks to his power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Who roleblocked me?

You were the victim of the Clue Murder House knife power and so your streak of being a N1 target in my games continues

By the way, I'm sorry your role kind of sucked, we made a last-minute change that only let you offer one tupe of hotdog per day and that was probably a bad decision.

Yeah, I knew it was going to happen after I let Avin eat the hotdog Day 1. I was ok with that decision at the time because I figured that he plays less than I do, and I really didn't like my role.

My role just felt like an OPG semi-public seer view and then a bunch more of giving people toughs, which I really hated in the Hats game.

Hey! I made it to Day 6 or so in the Hats game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
Samool wrote:
I was a pokemon trainer with an eevee (i named Cinnamon) that could do different attacks and i could evolve it into one of the evoloutions. I loved it so thanks to the person that made it!

That would be me! Unfortunately, you never actually did anything, because Royal was unable to be affected, and then you were roleblocked. But it seemed fun nevertheless!

Thank you so much then! I was looking forward to the vigilante kill :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SerWave wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I wanted to badly to be alive when the Infinity Gauntlet went off.
I like it.

If the dead thread existed and still voted, what was the explanation if everyone was still voting people off in there? Also from the living perspective, what was the purpose of the "dead" thread.

I had recommended to twomil and dejo that they find a way to make the dead thread secret so that only the dead would know that they were still doing stuff. Not sure how they would have actually implemented it.

The idea would be that the "dead" people were transported to an alternate reality and no one had actually died. Eventually, the games would be brought back together.

#AvengersFanTheories
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Who roleblocked me?

You were the victim of the Clue Murder House knife power and so your streak of being a N1 target in my games continues

By the way, I'm sorry your role kind of sucked, we made a last-minute change that only let you offer one tupe of hotdog per day and that was probably a bad decision.

Yeah, I knew it was going to happen after I let Avin eat the hotdog Day 1. I was ok with that decision at the time because I figured that he plays less than I do, and I really didn't like my role.

My role just felt like an OPG semi-public seer view and then a bunch more of giving people toughs, which I really hated in the Hats game.

Eh, you can blame me for it. I probably should have just sent Black Widow out, or just kept quiet in the chat like everyone else was doing. But no, I had to go fishing for information ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear- I had opted to let Avin take the tough on Day 1 over me, partly because I misread my role and had missed that people who ate hotdogs were announced, but mostly because I wanted him to get to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was SUPER excited when I got my role. But then after discussing my role and some of the mechanations, I treated it as mostly a villager. Still, here it was:

MASTER OF DEATH

You are the Master of Death. You are good. You begin the game with the following items:

The Elder Wand: Grants you one additional vote strength. In the event of your death, it will be inherited by a player responsible (e.g. if lynched, a random voter; if nightkilled, the max evil that entered the order; if caused by player power, the player triggering that power). If no living target can inherit the wand (e.g. lovers death, brutal), the wand is lost.

The Resurrection Stone: Each dead player will be informed of the ability of the Resurrection Stone and may submit a max 140 character message in mod chat each night. One of these will be randomly delivered to the the holder of the stone at dawn.

The Cloak of Invisibility: While you hold this cloak, any action targeting you will fail, other than votes and the standard nightkill. The first time a holder of this cloak is leading the vote tally at dusk, the votes on them are set to zero.

These items cannot be passed or stolen while you are alive; however, when you die, you may select one or two players to receive the Resurrection Stone and the Cloak of Invisibility. The Elder Wand passes as it says above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crafting Table
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to plug this here, ortho and I are working on a game design built around the hotdog salesperson (with some differences) that will hopefully go up in signups this week or next.

The theme is Upton Sinclair's The Jungle arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did like my Good Role too:

You are the Good Mimic. You have a mandatory nightly view for role. No Night zero view. You must reveal as the last thing viewed. Once an evil is viewed, you can't view anymore.

devil

Find an evil and reveal as them. I love it SOOOOO much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also to put a plug in here, Dante's Infero and the Solfege will both be featured in their own games at some point.

If either of dejo or twomil are interested in co-modding/helping me design either, feel free to let me know as yall will not be able to participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next time a game like this runs, I'll probably do 1-2 super complex roles and then less complicated ones. This just felt like a chance to try out mechanisms I'd wanted to include in other games at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll find that the best role was:

You are a Sasquatch Hunter. A Sasquatch is a role that begins the game good, but if there is ever a day with no lynch they become a standard werewolf. Obviously, since the Sasquatch role requires an alignment change, it is against the rules and none have been included in this game. Right? Right? Better check to be sure. Each night you may view for Sasquatch/Not Sasquatch. You will get a random Not Sasquatch view on N0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crafting Table
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Who roleblocked me?

Eh, you can blame me for it. I probably should have just sent Black Widow out, or just kept quiet in the chat like everyone else was doing. But no, I had to go fishing for information ...

I mean, to be fair, if I had known LJ would have 3 chats instead of 2 I might have talked in the infinity gauntlet one. The cover role I was given for that (dante's inferno) was not really fakeable though, so I don't think I would have lasted long as a "good" even then.

I'm not sure whether I would have done anything in the hotdog one, because I'm not sure if there were other powers that dealt with the creator of a role (I was really surprised to see that chat power in play, I wasn't thinking in those terms)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crafting Table
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
I did like my Good Role too:

You are the Good Mimic. You have a mandatory nightly view for role. No Night zero view. You must reveal as the last thing viewed. Once an evil is viewed, you can't view anymore.

devil

Find an evil and reveal as them. I love it SOOOOO much.

Oh man that's cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kortemaki wrote:
Farren wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Who roleblocked me?

I mean, to be fair, if I had known LJ would have 3 chats instead of 2 I might have talked in the infinity gauntlet one. The cover role I was given for that (dante's inferno) was not really fakeable though, so I don't think I would have lasted long as a "good" even then.

I'm not sure whether I would have done anything in the hotdog one, because I'm not sure if there were other powers that dealt with the creator of a role (I was really surprised to see that chat power in play, I wasn't thinking in those terms)

My original plan in the chats was going to be roleplay as the Sins, suspect and mistrust the Creator, and not give any useful information about who or what I was. Then I got run-up in the thread and figured I could buy myself one more day by engaging in the chat. I of course had no way of faking my cover role (the Sins), but better to get one more day. Except of course that Raven got run up instead. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samool wrote:

You are a Sasquatch Hunter. A Sasquatch is a role that begins the game good, but if there is ever a day with no lynch they become a standard werewolf. Obviously, since the Sasquatch role requires an alignment change, it is against the rules and none have been included in this game. Right? Right? Better check to be sure. Each night you may view for Sasquatch/Not Sasquatch. You will get a random Not Sasquatch view on N0.

Oh my god, that's amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kortemaki wrote:
Farren wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Who roleblocked me?

WHAT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever, still running an Inferno game, just with more stuff public. That role was amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Samool wrote:

Well, it'd serve at least one purpose - finding Tinkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was Dante's Inferno:

Through me you pass into the city of woe. Through me you pass into eternal pain. Through me among the people lost for aye. Justice the founder of my fabric moved. To rear me was the task of power divine, Supremest wisdom, and primeval love. Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I shall endure. All hope abandon, ye who enter here.

Welcome. You are Dante's Inferno. Each night, you must send two players in the game to a Circle of Hell, applying the relevant effect to them. You must wait two nights before sending another person to the same Circle. One chat will be created at the start for each Circle, and you will be aliased as Dante in all of them. You begin the game with a chat with the creator of this role named "Chat" where you will be aliased as "Creation" and they will be aliased as "Creator". Each night, you will pick one of the two Circles you sent someone to that you will occupy as well. That will be the only Circle you occupy and have the effects applied to yourself. You exist beyond Death, so if you die, you will continue to classify living players in the game each night until everyone alive is in a Circle of Hell. Due to this, any players that die, including yourself, and are present in a chat in a Circle of Hell will remain unspoiled until the end of the game.

Limbo: Anyone in this Circle that is viewed or dies is guaranteed to have an accurate view/reveal. This overcomes Tinker and Black Hat type abilities.

Lust: All players in this Circle will be Lovers with each other.

Gluttony: The informational results of all players that occupy this Circle will be posted to this Circle's chat instead of Mod Chats.

Greed: All players in this Circle will have their vote strength increased by 1 permanently while they are in this Circle.

Wrath: If anyone occupying this Circle helps kill you, they will die too. This includes their vote strength targeting you the day you are lynched, them directly targeting you with any kill power, or if all Max Evils that put in the Night Kill on you are members of this Circle.

Hersey: Each night, a role that is not in the game that was submitted by a player in Heresey will be posted to Heresy's chat.

Violence: Players in this Circle cannot commit Violence Against Self, Neighbors, God, Nature, or Art. Abilities used by members of this Circle that negatively impact themselves, the other occupants of this Circle, or any players' whose role would explicitly be classified as a God, Nature, or Art** will fizzle. This will only impact the Max Evil Night Kill if all living Max Evils are in this Circle.

Fraud: Every day an adjusted vote tally will be posted to this Circle that will contain the final count of votes on all occupants and players voted by all occupants.

Treachery: Everyone that is added to this Circle dies. No one can be added here on Night 0.

**Feel free to remove the art part if it feels too subjective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
mb
FGJustice wrote:
Well, I'm really frustrated by how this turned out. I had a bad role, but at least it managed to get me cleared... and now that effort was all for naught.

That was my creation.

It was inspired by:

Here are my thoughts behind the role:

I presumed that there would be a relatively early game all claim. This isn't a role that would scare max evils, so I figured that it would keep you generally safe from NK's and alive to the endgame. Or at least that was my hope. Evil would want to kill the high powered goods first.

You were supposed to get 3 names every night, at least one of which is guaranteed to be good. The idea was that by the time you got to the last few days you should be able to pull out a clear or two. I didn't plan on so much roleblocking.

As for the vig-kill, the possibility of a misfire fit the role (see pic above).

Sorry that there weren't any super-cool powers. But it was really designed to hopefully keep you alive long-term and hopefefully give Team Good some usable endgame information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Samool wrote:

Well, it'd serve at least one purpose - finding Tinkers.

encourages searching for goods and not evils - and then forces village to decide what to believe.

It's my perfect seer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Horn
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oldhoss wrote:
FGJustice wrote:
Well, I'm really frustrated by how this turned out. I had a bad role, but at least it managed to get me cleared... and now that effort was all for naught.

That was my creation.
I called myself Pink Panther in mod chat.

So do we have any idea how Raven got a hold of the role info? Was that part of the cheating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  55 , 56 , 57 , 58 , 59  Next »  [59] |