Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Bradlee
United States
Bolton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the only way I've ever played the game (I guess the rules really are that easy to mess up), but I think I'd like it more than the official way.

When drawing a card and removing an Equipment, simply place the Monster face-up instead of face-down.

I would think it reduces the push-your-luck aspect of the game, as information is a lot more open now, but it allows players to think differently about everyone's decisions. It also changes up how Equipment like Vorpal Sword work, since you can make much more informed decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Wouldn't this remove the whole game? Everyone would pretty much know whether the dungeon is survivable and it would often come down to the last person deciding whether to let the someone win or taking one for the team and getting killed.

Try the rules as written. It's a whole lot of "Why did they remove that? Do they know something?! I do know there's a demon, but what if there's also a dragon?! Maybe I can trick him into going into the dungeon!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bradlee
United States
Bolton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyndal wrote:
Wouldn't this remove the whole game? Everyone would pretty much know whether the dungeon is survivable and it would often come down to the last person deciding whether to let the someone win or taking one for the team and getting killed.

Try the rules as written. It's a whole lot of "Why did they remove that? Do they know something?! I do know there's a demon, but what if there's also a dragon?! Maybe I can trick him into going into the dungeon!"

Monsters are only placed face-up when they're used to remove an Equipment. Otherwise, they're placed in the Dungeon face-down as normal. You still don't know what other players put in, so there's still ambiguity as to who knows what and why a certain Equipment was removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry, I misread. That makes a lot more sense.

However, I'd still advise playing the proper way. I already prefer to add to the dungeon rather than removing equipment as it's more important to know what is in that dungeon than what is not. I would hate to remove equipment and not have any extra knowledge over the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.