Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Perez
United States
Meriden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like I’m doing a fair amount of the rest action in my first few plays so far. Hard to do cool stuff in the game without incurring nightmare and therefore having to clean it off. Am I missing other ways of cleaning nightmare?

While I’m here, is the detective office the only way to get rid of taint?

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some powers and artifacts that remove Taint too (I think: I'll check the cards later)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After you fail a nightmare test, an enemy is spawned and then your nightmare goes back to zero. So that is one way to get rid of nightmare.

There is at least one animus that benefits from having a high nightmare (the monster hunter). His level 3 ability gives a damage bonus equal to his nightmare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Perez
United States
Meriden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
After you fail a nightmare test, an enemy is spawned and then your nightmare goes back to zero. So that is one way to get rid of nightmare.

There is at least one animus that benefits from having a high nightmare (the monster hunter). His level 3 ability gives a damage bonus equal to his nightmare.

Ah ha! I totally missed that sentence in the rulebook. I wasn't resetting nightmare after nightmare tests, resulting in kind of a slog. Thank you, can't wait to try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One quick thing: The rulebook formatting is a bit odd in the nightmare section, but there is a clarification here in the forums that you only resent nightmare to zero if you fail a nightmare test (not every nightmare test).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stutz
msg tools
Popesixtus wrote:
bwingrave wrote:

Ah ha! I totally missed that sentence in the rulebook. I wasn't resetting nightmare after nightmare tests, resulting in kind of a slog. Thank you, can't wait to try again.

Yep, that will definitely help. I rarely worry about nightmare unless there are too many beasts in the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thing is if there are a few on the board you can get battered pretty quickly and if you drop your guard you can get overcome pretty quickly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.