Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lightning Mage - Runners Can't Be Healed - Damage & Ability Timing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Lightning Mage, which says Runners Can't Be Healed is facing me and I deal enough damage to defeat it and play a Doc Wagon card, does the timing / order of events work out that Doc Wagon can heal someone this turn?

I've been playing that it the healing can occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any text on the cards are triggered when the card is played (unless the text does damage). Damage is done later, so the timing would not allow for the Doc Wagon to heal I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex C
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Any text on the cards are triggered when the card is played (unless the text does damage). Damage is done later, so the timing would not allow for the Doc Wagon to heal I believe.

Correct. That's why damage resolution is a separate phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
If the Lightning Mage, which says Runners Can't Be Healed is facing me and I deal enough damage to defeat it and play a Doc Wagon card, does the timing / order of events work out that Doc Wagon can heal someone this turn?

I've been playing that it the healing can occur.

Doc Wagon activates when played - while the heal ban is still in effect. Probably better to play it as an Assist or hold it to next turn.

The Lightning Mage is defeated after all cards are played, allocated and then adjudicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls