A.Fatah B.Alwee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,

Here I will like to share my take on how I stored my Commands & Colors Tricorne components.

a)Basic Items and tools that I usually used are as follows - (1)Mounting Board, (2)Cutting Mat, (3)Foam core, (4)other stationery- Ruler, Mechanical Pencil, eraser, penknife .....

b)Take measurement and draft out the Box size + inserts on a piece of blank A4 paper.

c)Mark it out on the mounting Board according to the measurement taken.

d)Lets start with the base 1st, cut out accordingly and remove the 4 corners.

e)Turn over

f)Gently slice the 4 corners length not too deep as we want it to be still connected.

As you can see here it is still connected.

g)Next bend the 4 corners downwards as per in the picture below.

h)Turn over

i)Tape the 4 corners with Transparent/Clear Adhesive tape.

Now you can see it has formed into the base of the component box.

j)The box cover, we use the same method as how we make the base box. But the cover must be at least 3mm to 4mm bigger. This is to ensure the cover able to close the base box.

k)Take measurement and draft out the inserts on a piece of blank foam core. Once done, slowly cut accordingly.

l)Now glued the foam core onto the mark out inserts. Remember, do not put the glue too much on the foam core as the glue may react with the foam core (some glue cause the foam core to melt).

Complete

m)Finally we can slowly arrange the the wooden Blocks.

All the wooden blocks arrange accordingly to what units they present.

Close up

n)Lets test the box cover, see it fit nicely.

o)To add more flavor/theme. I go online and search for a picture of the British Army of the period. Once found a suitable picture, I print it out and laminate.

p)Box for the Combat Cards. I did all 3 different boxes - Red for British, Blue for Continental Army and Black is for the Command Cards.

q)Here are the Continental Army Component Box. I use Blue mounting board.

The Box cover and the Base already fill with wooden blocks. Fit nicely.

All the component(s) and card(s) fit nicely into the base boxe

Here are picture of 2 players session I had with my wargame buddy-

Bunker Hill (17 June 1775)

FREEMAN’S FARM (19 SEPTEMBER 1777)

Happy Gaming Everyone.

Regards
Fatah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Very, very nice. Thanks for the pictures. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.Fatah B.Alwee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mapiu2001 wrote:

Very, very nice. Thanks for the pictures. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much 😊
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I just need time and some patience...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
mbmbmbmbmb
And I need to not have 5 thumbs on each hand when it comes to "Arts & Crafts." Been a spaz since 1st Grade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple Its good to see some boardgamers are craftsmen too. Its too bad to hear that some posters helpless when it comes to even cutting plastic figures off sprues, let alone real projects like this! I'm not as crafty as you. But having done toy soldiers for years, so there are certain things I can do, and certain hobby tools I have at the ready.

My dad was a shop teacher, but we never did anything together, so I never learned, and am also clumsy. Yet I find there is a great satisfaction in working with my hands, even with what little I can do! Its worth trying to do things within your own limits!

Now that I'm getting old and having tremors, its even harder to do things. But my "painting table" is always full of projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.