4 Posts

Rise of Tribes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Great Special Terrain Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirka Dirka
msg tools
mb
Has anyone used these in their games yet and have any opinions on them?

Im still waiting for my game to come in later this week, but it seems to me that the first couple of players in a 3-4 player game would get an early game advantage with using these tiles.

Probably going to house rule that no player can use these tiles during setup phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breaking Games
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun exploring how to use these unique terrain tiles. Official scenario play is in development. We will work hard to have these well balanced.

All are welcome to share ideas! There are several varient suggestions here on BGG and on Facebook already (starting back during the Kickstarter campaign). We look forward to reading your ideas and experience!
[-- edited to fix typo]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Bresnahan
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While sorting out my tiles, I wish that there was a visual marker to aid in quick identification of the special tiles. Either border color(s)or iconography someplace on the tile.

The artwork on the tiles is gorgeous, but there's a bit of referencing back and forth to the rulebook as the artwork alone isn't enough of an aid for setup. When these tiles get used, I expect a lot of "What does that tile do again?" questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breaking Games
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. Having a common back allows these tiles to be randomized with the base tiles during set up.

Here's hoping your plays are smooth and fun with these tiles that allow you to shift base game play. We are excited for the scenario play these tiles make possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.