Popular Tags: [View All]
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talented folks,

I am looking for some solid, fan-made stats for this guy for the Dungeons & Dragons Adventure System board games. I'm painting one up. While I could pull some stats out of the air, I'm looking for stats from the BGG brain trust.

I plan on using him as a boss for a final quest.

I'm hoping one of you fine folks could work up a stat card that matches the D&D monster stat cards.

EDIT: I have no GIMP-foo or Photoshop skill at all.

Thanks!

NOTE: NOT my paint job. Picture credit Reapermini.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think this is thematically ok, to use this guy (cool painted, through) as a boss of final quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
Daimond wrote:
Do you think this is thematically ok, to use this guy (cool painted, through) as a boss of final quest?

No it's not. The guy should be send in jail. Since when are we supposed to have fun with games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bq6JdWSqS1 wrote:
Daimond wrote:

No it's not. The guy should be send in jail. Since when are we supposed to have fun with games?
No, no needs in that. Its just personal preference of topic starter. He just want to play with Shark Fon Zarovich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
"It's like the movie Sharknado but in a dungeon"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Point taken. Yes, I agree. It doesn't fit in with Ravenloft. I was just using that game as an example of what I'm looking for.

He's such a good mini, I wanted to introduce him into a good dungeon crawl. I have all of the Adventure System games. He's such a gorgeous monster mini, I was trying to figure out a way to get him in the game and work up an adventure to fit him into.

BTW...I have a guilty admission. I L O V E and own all the Sharknado movies and several monster movies from The Asylum.

I can't stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're turned off by GIMP, you might consider Paint.NET. It's similar to windows inbox Microsoft Paint, only with enough features you could call it Paint++.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as fitting the character goes, you just need a story. Here's a few I can think of:

A water wizard invents a Sharknado attack spell that goes horribly wrong. The shark villain is one of the creatures he conjured up, along with the shark minions the players fight along the way. Maybe the sharks are intelligent because they come from the plane of water.

A Barovian werewolf died near a river where it was nibbled upon by fish. The resulting werefish swam downstream and emerged from a grotto in Strahd's castle.

There was a scenario with a kobold and an infernal(?) machine in the base game. Perhaps the machine was created to make new monsters and the kobold combined various animals and/or magical creatures (shark + werewolf) and created a wereshark.

As far as designing the villain goes, review the villain and monster cards and game effects (poison, paralysis) for ideas on how to design your shark villain. Chromatic Dragon's Monster packs might help too since he adapted a wide swath of classic D&D monsters.

When it comes to creating your file on the computer, before you start any digital editing, resize your images and blank canvases so they're 300 DPI (dots per inch). You'll need it so your text prints legibly. If things look blurry and out-of-focus, it's usually a DPI issue. Images you download from the web will typically be low DPI to make download sizes smaller, so web pages load faster. It's not the end of the world if you start off low DPI, but there's a lot rework involved if have to resize everything at the end of your project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching videos right now on how to use GIMP so I can do some photo manipulation. Everything else I can come up with on my own. That's the only thing I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greaney
Ireland
flag msg tools
Another option is the Affinity range of products:
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/

These are already rivalling Photoshop, but affordable prices.
Affinity designer (€14.99 on sale now) is perfect for designing cards etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmb
Moved from Rules to Variants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nmc
United States
flag msg tools
You could make him Draga Salt-Biter who was a wereshark and dark lord of Saragoss from 2nd edition ravenloft: islands of terror. Then you might end up going over board buying tiles and looking up creatures of that domain and making your own string of adventures using the castle ravenloft system rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Rigoli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I've been considering how to introduce water monsters for Ravenloft, mainly for water dragons. I was thinking maybe Strahd has an area of the castle that is under water, and the Heroes have to swim. Then you have to come up with a whole new set of movement and attack rules for water combat. Could be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.