Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have picked the 3 most effective tutorial videos.
All 2.ed since there is significant difference in the Command Points sequence rules. 1. ed videos will confuse new players.

From Player Aid - a single video. Can we hope for more?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO9UTwCGghM&list=PLSL8814X-r...

A great FUN! series from Mitch. Mandatory watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo1dO3cOMZw&list=PLfqMWG0yON...

Kenneth full play through.
Clean effective on vassal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl7KZbJ6vfI&t=13s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello neighbor...

Yes, I´m also waiting for the second video from Player Aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Toler
msg tools
+1 for wanting more vids from Player Aid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
And another waiting on Player's Aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Klein
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
www.theplayersaid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
THE HOUR COMETH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6S9mQqNVT0

As do the mistakes.
I have turn too on the editing board right now where I clarify a few things.
This game is hard. Hahah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Toler
msg tools
Awesome! Thanks a lot for the vids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
All 2.ed since there is significant difference in the Command Points sequence rules. 1. ed videos will confuse new players.

Wow! I highly don't recommend Players Aid. The guy made a big big big mistake within the first move. And not like oops I forgot. More like he's been playing the game incorrectly. Not good for people trying to learn the game. Please stay away until it's corrected.
<edit: I love the Players Aid channel to death. And think Alex and Grant are amazing, and do a wonderful job. Im not at all trying to disrespect any of them with my comment. Its just that this game, to me, is pretty unforgiving with the rules >

If you want to learn or view examples of how to play this game correctly.
I recommend: Chris Hobbs and Callasmar. They made very few minor errors (if at all) and corrected them.
Gimpy Gamer and also Counter Attack did a great job and is of better/recent filming quality.

And <unfortunately> due to the unforgiving nature of this game, I recommend you see as many playthrough as possible. Because, as I said you sometimes need to see some precise actions in order to understand the rules. i.e using a jeep, or off board artillery, or sniper retreating, aid stations. This stuff isnt shown in all playthroughs. So you might want to search for an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Mason
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hate to say it, because I want more FoF videos, but I agree with Christopher. I second all his recommendations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uberslacker wrote:
Hate to say it, because I want more FoF videos, but I agree with Christopher. I second all his recommendations.

You know what? I dont like this game. But I do love watching it played, and look forward to seeing part 2 of The Players Aid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:
eker wrote:

Wow! I highly don't recommend Players Aid. The guy made a big big big mistake within the first move. And not like oops I forgot. More like he's been playing the game incorrectly. Not good for people trying to learn the game. Please stay away until it's corrected.
<edit: I love the Players Aid channel to death. And think Alex and Grant are amazing, and do a wonderful job. Im not at all trying to disrespect any of them with my comment. Its just that this game, to me, is pretty unforgiving with the rules >

If you want to learn or view examples of how to play this game correctly.
I recommend: Chris Hobbs and Callasmar. They made very few minor errors (if at all) and corrected them.
Gimpy Gamer and also Counter Attack did a great job and is of better/recent filming quality.

And <unfortunately> due to the unforgiving nature of this game, I recommend you see as many playthrough as possible. Because, as I said you sometimes need to see some precise actions in order to understand the rules. i.e using a jeep, or off board artillery, or sniper retreating, aid stations. This stuff isnt shown in all playthroughs. So you might want to search for an example.

Thanks for the warning on Player Aid video.
Agree on Callesmar and Chris H. -but they are long. Takes hours to watch. And importantly they are based on 1.ed. with a very different Command sequence.
My short list is based on relative short play time and 2.ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player Aid vids have some major errors.
Be careful to learn from them.

- But it shows that FoF plays very well with mistakes and missed rules!
No need to be frustrated.
Start playing and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.