Subject: What's so great about Great Dive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Docherty
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
The 109s get three of these as trait cards, and it gives them an extra inch when burning advantage to dive. When is it useful to use this card? It just doesn't seem like an extra inch in a dive is going to make much difference most of the time, especially since you have to burn advantage to get it. Am I missing something about this card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Gerstmann
Germany
Gladbeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thought in my last play. The Brit had the beautyfull tight turn rule which makes their maneuvers much better and i had that poor extra inch with my Me109. Theoretically that extra inch can bring you out of range in a tail situation but practically its seldom that close i think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
In the case of the 109 the great dive really isn't that useful. I would much rather take all great climb trait cards rather than taking the 50/50 mix of great climb/great dive traits required by the rules. Every now and then that extra inch will make the difference, but it's fairly uncommon.

The great dive card will be much more useful with a faster aircraft. I could be mistaken, but I believe the P-51 also has the great dive trait. So with a move of 9 inches you will be getting 3 extra inches with great dive, much more noticeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
My strategy is to burn that great dive card every chance I get when using 109's in order to free up space in my hand for a more useful card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turboprop wrote:
My strategy is to burn that great dive card every chance I get when using 109's in order to free up space in my hand for a more useful card.

Just burning it period would be good ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gelder
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing 'Great dive' with scenario Doctrine cards 'Dive Away' or 'Low Altitude Performance', can be a life saver. So It's not just about that extra 1" of movement.

The look on my opponents face. "You can do what!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.