United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
The 7th Continent, which has been exclusively available(and reported that it only would be) through KS, has been made available to preorder through Serious Poulp's pledge manager, even to those that did not join the KS campaign:

https://app.crowdox.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-continen...

Before you post "This isn't a Hot Deal", consider the fact that this game has been selling 3-4X MSRP in both the Geekmarket & eBay. Pretty sure 1/4 the market rate qualifies just as much as a "blah" game from 2015 that's $10 off the regular price...

Open through 7/31! Hopefully, I don't tank my resell marketcry
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Santos
United States
Bonner Springs
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 7th Continent - Available to preorder!
Been waiting for this to come back life. thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Re: 7th Continent - Available to preorder!
BentlyCash wrote:
Before you post "This isn't a Hot Deal", consider the fact that this game has been selling 3-4X MSRP in both the Geekmarket & eBay. Pretty sure 1/4 the market rate qualifies just as much as a "blah" game from 2015 that's $10 off the regular price...

It isn't a hot deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a hot deal. Game has no plans of currently being reprinted. Base game alone has been selling for $250. Honestly if I had money to spare I would definitely pickup a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shapiro
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Just nabbed the base game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

It isn't a hot deal.

i'd beg to differ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Santos
United States
Bonner Springs
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
tumorous wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

It isn't a hot deal.

i'd beg to differ.

psst, read his microbadges.
ha. never mind. Before changing his badges, it did emphasize "troll", so that's how I took him as. Didn't realize he was being serious. carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
tumorous wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

It isn't a hot deal.

i'd beg to differ.

Out of print games tend to get more expensive. Then they are printed again, and they are not.

Or, in this case, a crowdfunding pledge manager is reopened.

This belongs in https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/2429766/7th-continent/crowdf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the expansion is $.20 per card

the base game is $.085 per card <--- this seems like the best deal to me

and the whole enchilada is about $.11 per card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Please refer to the stickied post before making an inappropriate thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1417183/what-hot-deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Alva
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really thankful to you for posting this. I've been wanting to try this one for awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This is absolutely not a Hot Deal, as it completely fails to mention anything about the current price of Gloomhaven, or where it can be purchased!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This deal is as hot as pre-ordering Ground Floor from BGG!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Z
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who cares if it's technically a hot deal or not?

I just found out about it being available again because of it being posted here, and I'm grateful. Thanks, OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game and Gloomhaven. My pessimist attitude really makes me wonder if I would enjoy them as much as their ratings would lead me to believe.

I fear I would fall into that camp that sees both games as massive time commitments with notable amounts of repetition. E.g. I don't like rogue style games. They are great games, but I have limited time and I don't want to play the same level over and over.

I've love to try them to make my own decisions, but at $120+ I can nab at least 4 big box games, and for me, variety is the spice of my gaming life.

Maybe one day I'll dip my feet into these huge games, but I doubt I'll ever get my wife to join me

Thanks the the post Ben, I think this qualifies as a hot deal given the insane price this game has been going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
The 7th Continent, which has been exclusively available(and reported that it only would be) through KS, has been made available to preorder through Serious Poulp's pledge manager, even to those that did not join the KS campaign:

https://app.crowdox.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-continen...

Open through 7/31! Hopefully, I don't tank my resell marketcry

Thanks for posting this Ben! I gave up on getting this since I missed the Kickstarter and didn't want to pay 3rd party prices. Now I can afford it and I wouldn't have known without this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just grabbed the Rookie pledge and some extras after being on the fence with this one for a looooong time.
But I do really want it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
I fear I would fall into that camp that sees both games as massive time commitments with notable amounts of repetition. E.g. I don't like rogue style games. They are great games, but I have limited time and I don't want to play the same level over and over...

As someone who's played a decent amount of both (maybe 16 hours of 7th Continent, and 50 hours of Gloomhaven), I would say the one to own is Gloomhaven. 7th Continent is more like TIME Stories or the Unlock games in that I'm perfectly fine borrowing a friend's copy or buying used with the intention to sell.

GH does not feel repetitive, especially since you frequently change gear, action cards, and (less frequently) characters. It's still a big time and space commitment though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chaz wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
I fear I would fall into that camp that sees both games as massive time commitments with notable amounts of repetition. E.g. I don't like rogue style games. They are great games, but I have limited time and I don't want to play the same level over and over...

As someone who's played a decent amount of both (maybe 16 hours of 7th Continent, and 50 hours of Gloomhaven), I would say the one to own is Gloomhaven. 7th Continent is more like TIME Stories or the Unlock games in that I'm perfectly fine borrowing a friend's copy or buying used with the intention to sell.

GH does not feel repetitive, especially since you frequently change gear, action cards, and (less frequently) characters. It's still a big time and space commitment though!

I actually bought GH when it came back in stock for $115 on MM. I sold it to a friend. I think the #1 thing that turns me off to the game is the initiative format. I would never enjoy it coop, with so much potential for my plans to be completely blown apart, and I don't think I have the stamina for all the bookkeeping to play it solo (I would never finish it, and that would bother me so badly). I opted for Mage Knight Ultimate.

Maybe one day in the future I can get a used copy of GH for $80ish, one that used the removable stickers, and have a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, always good to see the hot deal police out in full force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DC680 wrote:
Lol, always good to see the hot deal police out in full force.

tbf this is to back a kickstarter which is very strictly against the rules. guess we might as well create a new post starting there's 48 hours left to back Solomon Kane or they late pledge is open for mythic battles or any one of the other 50 kickstarters to choose from. But i suppose this should be an exception because it's something a handful of people are interested in regardless of the fact it's crazy expensive and very much the opposite of the spirit of a hot deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelmarcos wrote:
Definitely a hot deal. Game has no plans of currently being reprinted. Base game alone has been selling for $250. Honestly if I had money to spare I would definitely pickup a copy.

They've used the no current plans to make more excuse to stimulate the market and increase fomo FOUR times now for this same game. So no, that's not a good excuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I got into board games late (as in this year) and missed out on this one. Been waiting for the PM to open up, went all-in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.