Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Jez
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide

I didn’t purchase classic Zombicide on the Kickstarter. I don't know whether or not I just bypassed it (doubtful). I think it was more that I hadn't discovered Kickstarter back then, as it was in its infancy. In many ways, I wish I hadn't discovered Kickstarter at all. My wife and my wallet (in no particular order) certainly wish it had remained hidden from me.

When I did come across Zombicide, I decided to buy it. 'Decided' is a moot term, as there wasn't really much of a decision to make. I've a bit of a thing for Zombies (no not in an erotic sense). I love films, video games and the whole genre.
Plus, it looked like an interesting game with an interesting mechanic (not a plumber, but a mechanic), so I picked it up. It was quite heavy so I put it down.
When I was strong enough, I brought it home and started painting the figures. We (by then my wife was dragged along for the ride) then dived in on the other Kickstarters when they launched.
Here follow some of those beauties.

I have to say, having the figs painted, really does enhance the games (well, for us at least).

I've been selective (at least initially) in what I've posted as I've painted, quite literally, hundreds of the blighters, so I'll post sparingly.

Quite possibly, one of the weirdest things I've ever painted (and that is definitely saying something!)

I have a weird phile / phobe thing for clowns going on, in much the same way as zombies (kinemortophobia / coulrophobia... I also have a thing for phobias whistle). Uncle Honk scratches that itch... just not literally... hopefully.

Ultimate Survivors 2

These loyal little fellas though... We were genuinely upset when one of them perished... taking a zombie bite... for us... *sniff*

These utter stinkers though! Oh my goodness! If you want to ramp up the difficulty in your game, get a hold of these. Don't say you haven't been warned though...

Quite possibly the stupidest decision I ever made. I needed a lot of the following.

It didn't steady my hand, far from it, but when I'd swigged them down, at least it made everything look good.

Season 2 exclusives.

Season 3 exclusives

I said hey, 'Watts' going on?!!

♫ I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic... ♫

Playing on a 3-D board = so... much... fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing work! The jacket on Dick is fantastic - probably be be best version of it I've seen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
These are beautiful! It puts what I thought were pretty good speed painting-ish jobs of mine to shame! lol. Where did you get that 3d terrain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Jez
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
Amazing work! The jacket on Dick is fantastic - probably be be best version of it I've seen!

"Hey Dick! When did you last get your jacket checked?"

Thanks Waggly, a real compliment sir. I tend to try to replicate the card art as best I can. You can guess just how delighted I was to see the art for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Jez
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryno80 wrote:
These are beautiful! It puts what I thought were pretty good speed painting-ish jobs of mine to shame! lol. Where did you get that 3d terrain?

Thanks Ryan.
I speed painted the zombies. There were just too many of them not to. It went a bit against the grain at the time, as I'm never able to stop myself from adding just... one... more... layer.
It taught me a good lesson though. These are game pieces, not display pieces.
I spent more time on the heroes, as befits them, but not an inordinate amount of time.

The scenery is from Battle Systems Terrain. I Kickstarted (it's a verb now, right? ) their Urban Apocalypse Kickstarter but the stuff is readily available in their webstore. You can put it straight onto the Z/cide tiles or onto their custom mats. It's also multi-level and we've had some awesome multi-level zombie-filled weekends with it.

I've got some pics somewhere which I'll dig out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.