Subject: Raid question.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
민수 이
South Korea
flag msg tools
Not long ago, I listed some questions.
But,
I still don't understand the response to the first question.
(About Raid action)
From what I understand.
Raid actions are possible if 1 out of the 2 conditions are met:

1: I can do raid action in an area that is not controlled
2: I can only raid a player controlled area if they don't have the relevant resources.
Is this correct?

However, in the rule book the yellow player "Nicole" will raid Italia which is controlled by "Angelika".

As it's player controlled this means that the raid action was undertaken due to the second condition, right?

Therefore, Angelika doesnt have the appropriate type of resources.
But since Angelika loses three crops to Nicole ( with crops being the main/ appropriate resource) doesnt that mean that Angelika did in fact have the appropriate resources in the territory?

So, both conditions were not met.
How did yellow Raid Italia?

Is my understanding of control wrong?
How is control defined in this game?

From what I understand, control is when either a "p/p marker" or a "c/k marker" or any of the capital components are placed on a territory.
Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
uitro5 wrote:
Not long ago, I listed some questions.
But,
I still don't understand the response to the first question.
(About Raid action)
From what I understand.
Raid actions are possible if 1 out of the 2 conditions are met:

1: I can do raid action in an area that is not controlled
2: I can only raid a player controlled area if they don't have the relevant resources.
Is this correct?

However, in the rule book the yellow player "Nicole" will raid Italia which is controlled by "Angelika".

As it's player controlled this means that the raid action was undertaken due to the second condition, right?

But since Angelika loses three crops to Nicole ( with crops being the main/ appropriate resource) doesnt that mean that Angelika did in fact have the appropriate resources in the territory?

How is control defined in this game?

From what I understand, control is when either a "p/p marker" or a "c/k marker" or any of the capital components are placed on a territory.
Am I right?

For the raiding and players losing resources, the way to think of it best is this:

If Player A executes a raid in a region controlled by player B, the following happens:
1) Player A ALWAYS receives whatever amount of resources the raid yields
2) If possible, Player B must then give up that many resources of that type.

The 2 things are not directly linekd to each other. (1) always happens. (2) only happens if there are resources available to be paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
민수 이
South Korea
flag msg tools
I really appreciate your kindness.
But I don't think I'm curious about that.

I'm curious about the conditions under which the player can perform "Raid action.”

I understand that if the player satisfies one of the following two conditions, the player can do that Raid action.

1: I can do raid action in an area that is not controlled “.

Please take a look at the next picture.

This pic is rulebook.

in the rule book the yellow player "Nicole" will raid Italia which is controlled by "Angelika".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Bueno
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uitro5 wrote:
I really appreciate your kindness.
1: I can do raid action in an area that is not controlled “.

I think this point is the one confusing you
You can raid no matter the resources the other player has, the resources from the other player are relevant for his/her lose, but not for you (you will gain the full amount)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
민수 이
South Korea
flag msg tools
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right.
I was curious about that.

Thank you so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto and Bart are exactly correct here. The raid action lets you (a) move warriors, and (b) receive resources from ONE territory, not owned by you, that those warriors are in, or (if you have the political category unlocked) all such territories.

IF that territory is owned by another player and IF they happen to have enough resources of the type you're receiving, then they must lose that many.

The point is simply that the raid action would grind the game to a halt if you had to determine who had enough resources for you to steal before deciding where to move, so we streamline it by letting you raid from unowned territories or even from territories who have no resources to steal.

Keep in mind that the examples are intended to illustrate, in some cases, edge cases or complicated situations that can arise; they correctly apply the rules, but they don't establish the rules.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
민수 이
South Korea
flag msg tools
Really Thx^_^ DeSinder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.