Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rulebook for Large Ship setup is a little strange. The wording states to shuffle the tiles and place them facedown. The draw four face up on the sale spaces.

So, a couple problems with this setup. First the tiles are double sided with the brown side called "front" and the blue side called "back". Assuming that facedown means the brown side should be hidden or facing down, the blue side would be face up in the draw stack. Problem is that the accompanying picture has the draw stack showing the brown side face up. Additionally, the sale spots show the brown side up. They can't both be brown side up, I would think. So, anyone know what it should be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the ships are in the market, the brown side (showing the resources to buy the ship) is up.

If the ship is yours then you turn it to the blue side - indicating that it is a large ship. The resources then cannot be seen - but this is not necessary anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. As I got through the rest of the rules, I realized that the blue side was essentially the same as the brown side less the resource cost. I still think the wording is inaccurate, but not that big of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.