Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Hitler's Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: Full Game Pre Game Event Draws 10.2.2.2/Resolve Pre-Game Events 10.2.2.3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Danda
United States
Calhan
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Axis player ultimately ends up with four (4) game start Event cards and three of them are in fact Wolfpack, War Production and Convoy as stated in the Pre-Game setup. These events are immediately resolved leaving the Axis player with only one card in his hand. Since these cards are recyclable they are placed in the box top; available only during a Reshuffle or Year End procedure. So, Axis player has 1 Event Card?

Next confusing part. 4.2.1 states that Event Cards can be acquired by taking an Event Action (6.4), using the above case as an example. On the Axis first turn he wants to get some action cards in his hand since he is left with one after the Pre-Game Event resolution phase.

Going over to 6.4: Event Action. So this is one way to get Event Cards that are "Returnable" or "Reusable" back into your hand OR initiate and gain the effects of a Recyclable or Removable Event card (Removable: Remove from game not really meaning remove from "the" game.

6.4.1 Got it This one is pretty clear :-) to me

6.4.2 Event Action Conclusion... Looking through the Event Card Summary Grid and understanding that Events are combat enablers to a Conflict card how do you use them if you are not in a conflict? Am I just completely missing somethig?

Bottom Line: Axis player has one Event Card and its, let say, Jet Fighters. If he uses this card in his Axis first turn conflict and losses, this card goes back into the confusing Deck/Array area. Meaning he has zero event cards? I guess that's possible, meaning he would have to fight all Conflicts till the end of the year without any Conflict enabler cards. I must be missing something, some little spark that's blocking and eluding my understanding of this Event Card mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Mauldin
United States
Texarkana
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
You contest for Events just like you do a Battle Action. You play any pertinent Event cards (some cards are only used in Event Conflicts such as "Special Operations"), play a conflict card and roll the dice just like a battle. The Conflict Resolution Procedure (7.0) is used for both Attacks and Event Conflicts. Note that if you win the Event, you get a Success Bonus just like you would if you won a Land Battle (but not a Blitzkrieg).

Reusable Events can be used again if you win but must be placed in the Deck/Array if you lose.

Returnable Events are placed back in the Deck/Array whether you win or lose, but you cannot reclaim a Reusable event in the same turn you use it (thus the part about giving it to your opponent to hold until after your turn).

Removable Events are indeed out of the game. They are one use Events only.

Recyclable Events are recycled back into the Deck/Array after both sides Reshuffle (that is, starting the new year). Note that Recyclable Events are triggered the moment you win them. So if you contest and win "Convoy" for example, you immediately place the card in the Recycle Box, and improve your hand by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards with multiple copies only have the ones with the “OD” graphic on them for the first draw. You’ll never stay the game with more then 1 Wolfpack, Convoy, etc.

Event Conflicts occur so you can get a card for later or play its effect immediately if you win (depending on the type of card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Greetings,

It is theoretically possible to get the Axis draw described above, but in all my years playing and/or observing games of HITLER'S REICH I never saw or experienced it.

Now that the game is out and distributed to so many gamers, perhaps at some point in the future someone will have that remarkable combination.

Mark B.'s recommendation is a wise one which I'd use should that unusual circumstance occur. Use Event Actions to gain a good selection of Axis Event Cards. Under such dire circumstances, the Axis "Big Push" Marker could be used for Event Actions which, with a Bonus Action could add three powerful Events for Axis use once offensive actions upon the map are taken.

A "Big Push" Marker can always be regained for Barbarossa after that hiatus caused by the unusual initial Axis Event Card picks.

Hopefully, this shows that the Axis are sufficiently resilient to survive and regain their momentum after a strange initial Event Card draw.

Enjoy HITLER'S REICH: A CARD CONQUEST SYSTEM GAME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Danda
United States
Calhan
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred, Imagine my WTF moment when I actually did manage to pull those cards like that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
What I’m saying is that it is not possible to draw three Wolfpacks, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Danda
United States
Calhan
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy, thanks. So an Event is not necessarily an "Attack". So to do it I announce the Event action and go through the motions as if it was an attack. The difference being that no territory is won or lost, you just may or may not get another event card then. Wow that was really a problem for my for some reason.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Danda
United States
Calhan
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark

What a rare and unfortunate turn of events to have to play those three Event cards right away and be left with one Event card. Know I got it. I can just do an Event action like an attack action to build up cards. Hopefully that will never happen again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
staticlinerich wrote:
Thanks Mark

What a rare and unfortunate turn of events to have to play those three Event cards right away and be left with one Event card. Know I got it. I can just do an Event action like an attack action to build up cards. Hopefully that will never happen again.

I think you are misunderstanding. It is not possible to draw three Wolfpacks at the start of the game. There is only one available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Mauldin
United States
Texarkana
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, Marks right. You can only draw one Wolfpack and one War Production card on the initial draw. And the Axis would never draw Convoy as that's an Allied event. So in reality the Axis could only lose 2 cards in the Original Draw.

Convoy is not in the Axis draw. The Axis only draws from Axis/Allied OD events and Axis OD events at the start of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.