Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last couple of months 1st printing edition owners of the game expressed the wish to be able to get their hands on components that have been updated in between the 1st and 2nd printing. Although Cephalofair has kindly provided stickers that allow to include most modifications, some people might prefer to print out full cards.

When working of the Gloomhaven Card Viewer, I modified all components that according to the Official Second Printing Change Log received changes to reflect the versions included in the 2nd and 3rd printing of the game. Here is one example.

Other cards that have been changed:

character ability cards
personal goals
city events
road events
monster stat cards
monster ability cards
attack modifier cards
item cards
character sheets

You can get all updated cards from here.

I worked on a lot of cards. It is possible (even likely) that I missed something. Please provide feedback here if something is (still) wrong.
It should be pretty easy to set up a printerstudio project to get all cards professionally printed. If you do, please share the link here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing! I glanced through errata folder and noticed the following:
* City Events: Errata card 67 is missing.
* Monster Stats: Would 4 image files be enough? 2 images per monster (levels 0-3 and 4-7 once)?
* Class decks: I see you have more cards included than in 2nd printing errata. For example, Brute has no changes listed, but "errata_1st_ed\character-ability-cards\BR\" folder includes 4 cards. Where does these originate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. I need to explain a bit more to get to the bottom of this.

Most of the cards were modified for the Gloomhaven Card Viewer. To create the images for this tool I collected existing images from various internet sources, organized everything and modified those images according to the Official Second Printing Change Log when needed. I own the 2nd printing of the game. As the sources of the internet cards I got are sometimes unclear and I cannot check for differences to the 1st printing, I put all cards I modified in the github folder I linked above. It could well be that some of the cards are from beta stages. It could well be that the Brute cards you mentioned fall into this category. Maybe there are rewordings that are not recorded in the official change log.

Not sure how to resolve this at the moment. If you guys point out additional differences, I will gladly try to incorporate those where needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday evening I had a close look at the Brute character ability cards and found several minor deviations from the 2nd printing that I own. I modified those images and uploaded them. These images are now exact replicates of physical cards of the 2nd printing.

I would need input from 1st edition owners on which cards you actually need.

Checking and updating all cards is a lot of work. I am willing to do that if there are enough people who are
a) interested
b) support me (identify cards that need to be modified, proofreading, etc.)

EDIT:

Brute done
Cragheart done
added missing city event 67
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to use this poll to evaluate how much interest there is for updated cards.

Poll
1. Would you print the updated cards at home?
Yes
No
2. Would you get updated cards professionally printed?
Yes
No
3. Do you have time to help with proofreading, checking cards, etc.?
Yes
No
      19 answers
Poll created by Sadgit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the community is not as interested in this project, as I anticipated, I will not follow up on this. Sorry, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brewer
Australia
DUNLOP
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only just voted, as I have just seen this thread.

I have the second printing of the game, so don't need this for myself, but there are a number of first printing owners who wold benefit.

Happy to work with you to finish this off, if you are still interested - I'm one of those rare individuals that actually enjoys proofreading...

Cheers,

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic. Since I posted this poll, Any2cards has incorporated all changes in the 2nd and 3rd edition into pre-existing digital cards for the Gloomhaven Card Viewer project.
What needs to be done is proofreading and creating a list of cards for 1st edition users to print (the starting material any2cards used was beta or pre-beta). In addition, not all (small) changes from 1st to 2nd edition are documented in the changelog post here on BGG, someone with access to the 1st edition needs to compile this list.

Image files: https://github.com/any2cards/gloomhaven/tree/master/images
GCV thread to report mistakes or inconsistencies: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2000373/gloomhaven-card-vie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Frey
Germany
flag msg tools
Sadgit wrote:
Fantastic. Since I posted this poll, Any2cards has incorporated all changes in the 2nd and 3rd edition into pre-existing digital cards for the Gloomhaven Card Viewer project.
What needs to be done is proofreading and creating a list of cards for 1st edition users to print (the starting material any2cards used was beta or pre-beta). In addition, not all (small) changes from 1st to 2nd edition are documented in the changelog post here on BGG, someone with access to the 1st edition needs to compile this list.

Image files: https://github.com/any2cards/gloomhaven/tree/master/images
GCV thread to report mistakes or inconsistencies: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2000373/gloomhaven-card-vie...

Glad to hear the project is still alive . I would also like to contribute. My group has the 1st printing of the game, and I actually checked some items recently to see whether they were changed in the 2nd printing.
Unfortunately I don't have the game here with me and the next time I'll meet with my group is still 1-2 weeks out.
Below is what what can still I remember. I'll be able to compile a more comprehensive list once I have access to the game again

Some background on the kind of information which I will be able provide once I get back to the game: Our town is currently at prosperity 6 and we are still missing unlocks for the following classes:
- Cthulhu
- Lightning
- Triangles
- Two Minis

With that being said here is what I still remember for the item changes:

The most striking change was item 130
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Helix Ring. In the first printing it reads something like "Heal all damage", while in the 2nd+ printing its a "Heal 25, Self action"

Spoilers for items #24, #27, #12, #100, #94, #49:
There was a general change regarding the text for items that give healing. In the 1st printing all (iirc) read something like "On your turn heal 3" While in the 2nd+ printing they are now explicitly marked as actions "During your turn perform a Heal 3, Self action"

Spoilers for items #36, #1:
The boots which extend your movement range: the formulation in the 1st printing was something like "During your movement add + 2 move to your movement action", while in the 2nd+ printing it reads "…add + 2 move to a single movement"

Spoilers for items #18, #26, #47, #33:
The weapons which allow you to turn a single target attack into an AoE: Iirc the formulation in the 1st printing looked something like "turn a single target attack into the following: (pattern)". This initially lead us to (wrongly) believe that the item could be used with some attack actions which consists out of multiple attack abilities (e.g. Mindthiefs "Corrupting Embrace"). The formulation was changed for the 2nd+ printing to make clear that this item has to be used during a "single target attack action".

This are the things I currently remember, once I've got access to the game again I can give you a more detailed report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Frey
Germany
flag msg tools
I currently have access to the 1st printing. What I wrote in my last post was correct, but I found some more item changes looking through the cards:

There was a very minor change regarding item 40 and 29:
Versatile Dagger and Comfortable Shoes: the "Attack (icon) x" and the "Move (icon) x" text doesn't have quotation marks around it in the first printing

Item 97
Endurance Footwraps: as with other heal items, the first printing writes"(…)Heal 1 damage" while the 2nd+ printing writes "perform a "Heal 1, self" action"

Item 124
Doomed Compass: the 1st printing reads: "Force an enemy at Range 5 to perform Move 2 with you controlling the action". The 2nd+ printing has the "During your turn" restriction added and calls the move 2 a "move 2 action".

Item 3, 23, 44, 104
The text in the first printing reads: "On the next x sources of damage to you from attacks, gain Shield 1". The 2nd+ printing has extended this formulation a bit into "On the next x sources of damage from attacks targeting you (…)"

Item 44
Splintmail: Additionally Card 849 (item 2/2) in my version has a misprint which says "On the next two sources of damage (…)" instead of "On the next four sources of damage" (the consumption tracker correctly shows 4 spots though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Tracey
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody compiled a list of cards for the 1st edition owners to print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.