Popular Tags: [View All]
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just found out the new edition is coming out in this year, just what are the differences compared to the existing one?

Thx in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
Hi,

I just found out the new edition is coming out in this year, just what are the differences compared to the existing one?

Thx in advance

I may be wrong, but I think the only rules change is the "Nice Sandra" variant, which was changed to the later version idealized by Vital. Go here.

In terms of components, I think only the cars will change: each colour will have the shape model (instead of the generic shape until now). I think at some point I read something about the board too, but I didn't see any change in the new rulebook on this matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skipper 2206
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mspider_89 wrote:
ah3Dog wrote:
Hi,

Thx in advance

I think at some point I read something about the board too, but I didn't see any change in the new rulebook on this matter.

On one side : New desgin.. Clearer informations..
Other side : Old first version design... Not big deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haley
United States
Scappoose
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Sandra change and different car shapes are correct.

The board is now two sided. One side is normal and the other is more grey scale or at least less colorful with colored boarders if I remember right. This way new players wont feel as overwhelmed with the board and can clearly see the different areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gadgetx wrote:
Nice Sandra change and different car shapes are correct.

The board is now two sided. One side is normal and the other is more grey scale or at least less colorful with colored boarders if I remember right. This way new players wont feel as overwhelmed with the board and can clearly see the different areas.
I remember that I read something about this, but when I looked at the new rulebook I couldn't see differences or mention to it. Maybe I just passed through it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb

It’s supposed to be “beginner friendly” by muting all the colors except for necessary information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:

It’s supposed to be “beginner friendly” by muting all the colors except for necessary information.
Interesting... when I saw this image, I thought it was only for the ruelebook, highlighting each area. I didn't understand it was rhe image for the flip side board.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Changes in summary:

1. New custom wooden sculpts for each of the model cars. Really looks cool.

2. Double-sided game board, with one side being more 'beginner-friendly'.

3. Tweaks to "Nice Sandra" mode.

NOTE: This is a one-and-done printing due to the license changing hands. If you want this game, get it quickly before we run out.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

Changes in summary:

NOTE: This is a one-and-done printing due to the license changing hands. If you want this game, get it quickly before we run out.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

Where do we get this? Is this a kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enigma0t2 wrote:
evilone wrote:

Changes in summary:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

Where do we get this? Is this a kickstarter?

Stores I think. I like how you assume it would be kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
evilone wrote:

Changes in summary:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

So which hands is the Kanban license changing to? And just hope they don't know a deluxe edition like Vinhos, Co2 2nd chance ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Åberg
Sweden
Borås
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
evilone wrote:

Changes in summary:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

So which hands is the Kanban license changing to? And just hope they don't know a deluxe edition like Vinhos, Co2 2nd chance ...

As far as I understand it the rights reverts to Vital Lacerda himself. After that there is only speculations going on what will happen. I belive Vital get's the rights back in 2019, so if he is planning to do a deluxe version with a publisher my guess is that customers will have that edition in 2021 as earliest. That is 3 years from now and that is why I will buy a stronghold edition so that I can play the game and not wait for something that actually might not happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the old version (bought it on pre-order from StrongHold when it came out) and the old version is selling on Amazon at this time of writing for $129.00. Will the old version turn into a collector's item? Or even the new deluxe version in a couple of years? My speculation is the game will be redone by EGG and put on kickstarter once the licencing is sorted out.

Edit: check price again as of 9/5/18 its $193.00 on amazon. Probably can't sell it for that but this is sure interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the EGG edition would become the definitive edition in the eyes of most Lacerda fans. The old editions will be true collector items, as in collected only for the sake of rounding out a collection. Either of “all editions of Vital Lacerda games” or “all editions of Kanban”.

I expect the value of the old edition to fall rapidly over the next two years as TWO different new editions come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
I have the old version (bought it on pre-order from StrongHold when it came out) and the old version is selling on Amazon at this time of writing for $129.00.
WHAT? I love this game, and I also have that same old version, but this is some crazy prices surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mspider_89 wrote:
Bogusgig wrote:
I have the old version (bought it on pre-order from StrongHold when it came out) and the old version is selling on Amazon at this time of writing for $129.00.
WHAT? I love this game, and I also have that same old version, but this is some crazy prices surprise

Being listed at that price, and being able to sell at that price are two different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.