Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: map [+] TI4 [+] [View All]
Robin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great piece of kit! Thank you!

Just thought I'd let you know though that there's a typo on the tooltip for "Make sure the Winnu have a clear path to Mecatol Rex" - instead of "Gravity Rift", it says "Gravity right"

Possible combination of Rift and Might, perhaps before "may" was added.

But a very minor thing - thank you again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Crutchley
msg tools
Thanks for the work on this map generator!

Would you consider adding an additional checkbox:

"Give the Clan of Saar an Asteroid"

I like the optional thematic buffs you have in place for Ghosts, Embers, and Winnu, and I think a Saar option would be nice in the same way.

My reasoning: their home worlds are asteroids, they start with Antimass Deflectors, they can research Chaos Mapping, could be useful to optionally start with an asteroid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Peterson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TickTockRob wrote:
Just thought I'd let you know though that there's a typo on the tooltip for "Make sure the Winnu have a clear path to Mecatol Rex" - instead of "Gravity Rift", it says "Gravity right"

Thanks for pointing it out, fixed!

djastrokid1 wrote:
Would you consider adding an additional checkbox:

"Give the Clan of Saar an Asteroid"

That's a good idea, and I added it! It's one that I expect some people would turn off though, as Saar are expected to wander away from their home system anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Crutchley
msg tools
Wow, next day updates!

Thanks for adding the Saar checkbox option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gosselin
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey, I love the generator and have been using it for almost every game I have played since I discovered it.

The games I don't use it for are the 3 and 4 player games. I play with multiple hyperlanes to keep the system/player ratio similar at all player count but that means removing a lot of tiles from the game. When that happens you have to be careful about which ones you remove or some objectives might become really hard/impossible...

Could you add a checkbox for something like "Make sure there are at least 6 tech specialties planets"? (the objective only needs 5 but having 6 means you have more options when trying to get the last one you need, and with 6 players that's the minimum you could have on a map)

And in a similar way, something for 6 planets of every type?

Once again, thanks for making this. It has been a boon for my play group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dont normally
msg tools
This is a wonderful resource, thank you.

My dream would be for "Star-by-Star" and "Assign value based on pie slices" to be able to work in conjunction to make asymmetrical yet mathematically balanced maps. Any chance that'd be possible?

(or am I mad, and it is working (it seems like it is not)?)

edit: it just might be that there is currently no concept of / variable for distance between home systems, mecatol, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to bump this, but someone else made a website that tried to even out the tiles for drafting/galaxy building.

Anyone know what thread that was?

Edit, I found the website by looking thru my texts.

http://www.dah.me.uk/ti4/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
This was the thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2159537/ti4-tile-allocator