Popular Tags: [View All]
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Brian just posted a new update for those that may not receive the emails. Big News is

1) They are opening the PM to accept shipping payments. These are NOT subsidized.

2) Miniatures are at least a year away.

Here's the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
New buyer will announce themselves at GenCon, which will be August 2-5th. Huzzah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So umm... what's the link to the pledgemanager?

It seems like it would have been a good thing to have in that update. Maybe I just missed it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:

It seems like it would have been a good thing to have in that update. Maybe I just missed it?

Yeah, that was missing. I used https://my.pledgemanager.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:

It's right there...

https://signin.pledgemanager.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nimmzwei wrote:
nadurgin wrote:

It's right there...

https://signin.pledgemanager.com/

So it is! I am blind, apparently. Anyway, shipping paid!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vaughan
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:

update[/url].

A 3 year delay on the miniatures is bordering impressive.

I wonder how many would have backed knowing it would take 4 years to deliver. Everyone knows delays would happen but wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
New buyer will announce themselves at GenCon, which will be August 2-5th. Huzzah!

I really hope they used the time to come up with a sound strategy how to market this monster of a game.

Perhaps they surprise me and...

Announce a Base Box 3.0 and revised expansion ready for sale at GenCon... Base Box with new kick-ass art from Keith, a bunch of brand-new starting modules to get players going and a "retail-exclusive" hero.

Announce, that all KS content will be revised and widely available at retail following the release of the base game and show us a release schedule for the next 2 years.

Announce, that a new online platform for MYTH has gone live, where the original promise of a "boardgame-MMO" will be full-filled - providing patches, templates, community-content and special events.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see how they can sell anything before the miniature delivery, it feels like commercial suicide for me, or even do a KS, this is strange to announce something at gencon and have to wait 1 year for the delivery.

But the announcement may also be just "we bought it, and we will talk about the future when you will have what you paid for".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Novark Perion
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't wait for the announcement of the new buyer! Myth has such a great potential to be a true sandbox game that can be modded any way you want and they can add anything without too much restriction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

2018? 2019? Sorry, could not resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tozon wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:

update[/url].

A 3 year delay on the miniatures is bordering impressive.

I wonder how many would have backed knowing it would take 4 years to deliver. Everyone knows delays would happen but wow.

At this point, I think everyone is happy to just get something. Especially since there was a good chance nothing was going to happen and the company just go under...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow so I have to pay US$65 (AU$90) just to get the paper modules + cards I paid for years ago shipped.

Then pay another God knows what to get the minis shipped a year or so from now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nimmzwei wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:

I really hope they used the time to come up with a sound strategy how to market this monster of a game.

whistle

I have no idea what their plan is,.... but I seriously doubt that there will be a new set available at GenCon,..... was there time to green light that and have it produced,... yeah, I think so,..... but I think it is more likely that they will announce the purchase; and tease us with the outlines of what they plan to do,.....

My hope is a reboot that slowly puts out polished retail products:

- New base set out late Spring (post CNY shipment) or coordinated with KS2 minis shipment:
- Same tiles
- 2.0 heroes
- no Yardu; add in Razorfiend perhaps or new one
- remove excess tokens (KSE heroes, expansion quest tokens)
- add in 1/4/20 for both insects and orcs,.... yay Orcneas!
- full module for Orcneas

- Adventurers' Tool Kit
- all the wonderful things we've been dreaming of for modders

- Packaged Modules for retail (staggered release schedule)
- Start off with Undead (Bones, Nosferatu, Yardu, 4/20)
- Include bonus Nosferatu World Boss encounter

- then give info of where it goes next,..... Myth Master, Myth Legend, etc. (hopefully they will produce this via retail (not KS) and they can use the time between the reboot and then to redevelop the fan base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
I don't see how they can sell anything before the miniature delivery, it feels like commercial suicide for me, or even do a KS, this is strange to announce something at gencon and have to wait 1 year for the delivery.

But the announcement may also be just "we bought it, and we will talk about the future when you will have what you paid for".

Strongly agree - a wise buyer would be making sure the dust is settling on the previous product (we are about to get a LOT of new stuff dropped on us, well, those who pay the shipping are anyway) before trying to give it a new life or direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Wow so I have to pay US$65 (AU$90) just to get the paper modules + cards I paid for years ago shipped.

Then pay another God knows what to get the minis shipped a year or so from now.

Somehow I got away with only $60 (and I'm ALLLLLL in) but yeah, it's still a big bill. That said, Megacon can't and aren't going to subsidise the shipping, and it's over 6KG from what I can see, so that's pretty much the full cost of international shipping.

You mentioned you already paid shipping for this - are you sure? To my mind, I've only ever paid $20-30 shipping to cover the 2.0 upgrade kit and the base boxes.

Which, to be clear, is not to say I'm super pumped about paying $60, but to my mind that's not on top of any previous payment we've made for this wave. In fact, one of the sticking points for backing this waaaaay back in the beginning was the whole "we are going to charge shipping as and when we need to, and we don't know what it's going to be" - which after the massive underquoting of the very first Myth campaign, signalled much higher costs were likely.

E.g. if the expansion boxes were $25 to ship, I doubt we'd have been getting this stuff for anything under $30 even if Megacon were still in a position to subsidise shipping rates.

In other words it sucks, but not anywhere as much as the MAGE sleeves kickstarter, which is currently in the position of "you know how you already paid $40 to ship your sleeves, well we spent all that money, and now we need you to pay our distributor $150 to ever see those sleeves and we totally will pay you back, honest, with money we totally don't actually have"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see progress on this.

I wonder if those of us missing our second copies of Blackwall Warrens and Shores of Kanis will receive them in this wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
So are people waiting for one big shipment or paying to ship the cardboard stuff now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
So are people waiting for one big shipment or paying to ship the cardboard stuff now?

I paid shipping now for the following reasons:

- If 4y+ following this game has tought me anything, it's to never assume, something will be "available later". If you like it, grab it while you can.

- Shipping rates only seem to go up. I doubt you'll save that much, if you get everything in one wave - especially as we're talking at least another year until all the plastic arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I paid using the same argument even if the french version is not part of this wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with all of the above - better to pay now and get the stuff - besides I've been parking Myth for a while due to not having enough upgraded bits (2.0 treasure / quest decks etc...) to want to bother.

With this cardboard stuff, a lot more stuff gets unlocked (and if you can bear to proxy some minis, technically this IS the new gameplay - I know I'll lose my hardcore mini ameritrash buyer badge for this - but again, 100% of the new gameplay is in THIS delivery).

Hopefully the minis will follow. Hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nimmzwei wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

- If 4y+ following this game has tought me anything, it's to never assume, something will be "available later". If you like it, grab it while you can.

- Shipping rates only seem to go up. I doubt you'll save that much, if you get everything in one wave - especially as we're talking at least another year until all the plastic arrives.

My thought exactly. Better swallow this bitter pill now and at least receive a part of my pledge than running the risk of not receiving anything at all.

On a side note: $22 for shipping to Germany sounds a lot better than shipping cost for the poor lads from down under.... =/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
Sam and Max wrote:

For all the people thinking this, I'm not native english but I understand that Megacon expects the buyer to say something in GenCon, but nothing is 100% sure.
I say this because the statement "the buyer will be talking about the purchase at Gencon" reminds me to GenCon 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bekil
Germany
Erding
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
nimmzwei wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

My thought exactly. Better swallow this bitter pill now and at least receive a part of my pledge than running the risk of not receiving anything at all.

On a side note: $22 for shipping to Germany sounds a lot better than shipping cost for the poor lads from down under.... =/

Hi Leon,

how heavy is you package so you get 22$. Just asking because it´s 30$ for me, also in germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.