Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a chance to play a two player game using the solo deck as a dummy player and I wanted to give a little feed back on how I thought it played.

If you played the solo variant you already know the bots turns are fast and pretty seemless to perform. This hasn't changed at all.
The extra blocker was fun with both players having to deal with it. I didn't notice any problems with the first player always having to deal with the new positioning of the random blocker through the whole game but I'm sure some analytic type person may argue there's a difference. I don't take my board gaming that seriously tho.
There was maybe one or two occasions late in the game where the end was bogged down. Shembot had built up for a big fortress raid but due to the spot being unavailable he was forced to work instead, but not long later the 5th fortress was raided triggering the end game in what felt like a reasonable time. I think it was something like a whole Shembot deck the about 8 more cards after the shuffle.
Here's how the game turned out, and how it's listed is how I score it. Offerings are saved for last for a more exciting end game

Player 1. Player 2. Shembot
Score. 38. 50. 41
Plunder. 6 6 0
Crew. 0 2 0
Jarls. 1 0 0
Fame. 6 12 6
Armor. 4 6 4
Valkyrie. 15 4 4
Quests. 5 7 12
Offerings. 16 11 31
Final. 91. 98. 98

We got down to the offerings. Me and my buddies final scores were determined already with me having a 7 point edge but Shembot was sitting at 67 with a nice pile of offerings in front of him. One by one we flipped the tiles and his score was rising fast! Flipped the final tile and the game was tied. Looked to the valkyrie track and this was also a tie with us both in the 4 position. It came down to the armor track... My very first raid of the game, that I rushed my tail of to get, was a Harbour with 4 iron on it and this may have been the difference as my armor track was sitting at 10 to Shembot 8. I had taken an exciting win by a very slim margin.

I'm thinking I need more plays to go off of but as exciting as this was Shembot may have ruined 2 player games of Raiders for me. I can't see me not including him in future two player games! I'd recommend giving this a try in your two player games and share your findings here.

Edit. Grammar corrections
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great result! I recommend ignoring the village blocking mechanism when using the AI for two player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.