Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Wellington's Victory: The Battle of Waterloo, 18 June 1815 (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leader Ratings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Where may I find what the leader ratings stand for?
2-1-2 for instance?
I'm not seeing them in the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Colombi
Italy
Miradolo Terme (PV)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rule "20.3 Leader Bonuses"
Points A, D and E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks. Which are which?
Why is this not in counter descriptions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Colombi
Italy
Miradolo Terme (PV)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Thanks. Which are which?

maybe this can help you...

you can download here the complete play aids file:
https://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/xsgs8iw7x0/WV-player...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Hudgens
msg tools
mbmb
The bonus ratings on the leader counters are stated in the same order as the ratings on combat units. (combat- morals- movement) The difference is thaat the ratings of Leaders are bonuses added to the ratings of their units. (given chain of command)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Nhudge wrote:
The bonus ratings on the leader counters are stated in the same order as the ratings on combat units. (combat- morals- movement) The difference is thaat the ratings of Leaders are bonuses added to the ratings of their units. (given chain of command)
So I was to guess that... Never mind. I put this away, what a waste of fricken time. I'll revisit later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
redmax67 wrote:
hipshot wrote:
Thanks. Which are which?

maybe this can help you...

you can download here the complete play aids file:
https://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/xsgs8iw7x0/WV-player...

There we go, that was not too hard. Thanks man. What a messy thing this is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Hudgens
msg tools
mbmb
So I was to guess that

Not completely. The order of presentation for ordinary combat units is in the unit illustrations on p.7 of the RB, and the Leader rules don't give any different order of presentation. (20.3) Also the Examples show some uses of the leader bonuses, though without identifying which is which.

Granted the rules could use a definite illustration similar to the one for combat units. (as Massimiliano kindly provides)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Nhudge wrote:
So I was to guess that

Not completely. The order of presentation for ordinary combat units is in the unit illustrations on p.7 of the RB, and the Leader rules don't give any different order of presentation. (20.3) Also the Examples show some uses of the leader bonuses, though without identifying which is which.

Granted the rules could use a definite illustration similar to the one for combat units. (as Massimiliano kindly provides)

ok Nolan.
Ill put it this way.
This is the first wargame Ive encountered in the last decade that has asked me to infer the details of what is on the counter, by referencing other counters numerals and details.

This is not the only thing in the rules like this either. Other aspects are only detailed in examples of play.

For this much money, in a ridiculously large a box, I expect attention to detail for the consumer.

You might think that is fine, and other players might think it is fine. I for one while not a rules lawyer, desire the game to share or impart information to me is such a ways that guessing is not part of the damn exercise.

Your comment does not help, nor does the illustration of other combat units help in other parts of the rules. Shelved for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Hudgens
msg tools
mbmb
Other aspects are only detailed in examples of play.

Yeah, the designer's a tax guy. Those IRS booklets do the same thing. arrrh

My father wasn't a tax man, but he always did his own taxes. Once he retired he took to helping as an AARP Tax Aide. This duty guided Dad into speaking in parables instead of simply stating a rule. ninja It must be infectious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.