Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attempting mission - leader image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alejandro Silva Garreton
Argentina
flag msg tools
When attempting a mission (for ex with palpatine), if there is an opposing leader, and in tha system there was already darth vader,i will hace the dice force combined of my two imperial leaders. BUT...

I attempted with palpatine. If the mission has the darth vader image below the skill requirement, do i still gain the +2 successes, only because DV participates? Or only if DV is the one that attempts the mission?
Thx
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Vader would have had to been assigned to the mission.

From page 9 of the rule book.
If the mission card has a leader portrait on the topleft
corner of the card, its owner gains two additional
successes if one of the leaders assigned to this mission
matches this portrait.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to point out(I am assuming your example was hypothetical - but just in case):
A leader cannot reveal a mission if he alone does not have the skill requirement, even if the mission is revealed in a system that contains more of your leaders that would contribute to the mission.

So in your example Palp couldn't attempt the mission with Vader's face on it because he doesn't have sufficent skills, vader being in the system doesn't help.

I do realize you probably just gave Palp and Vader as examples, but just making sure you didn't miss a rule.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Just to point out(I am assuming your example was hypothetical - but just in case):
A leader cannot reveal a mission if he alone does not have the skill requirement, even if the mission is revealed in a system that contains more of your leaders that would contribute to the mission.

So in your example Palp couldn't attempt the mission with Vader's face on it because he doesn't have sufficent skills, vader being in the system doesn't help.

I do realize you probably just gave Palp and Vader as examples, but just making sure you didn't miss a rule.


Did the OP edit their post? None of this seems relevant. Maybe you saw the word ‘below’ and misread it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
jooice wrote:
Just to point out(I am assuming your example was hypothetical - but just in case):
A leader cannot reveal a mission if he alone does not have the skill requirement, even if the mission is revealed in a system that contains more of your leaders that would contribute to the mission.

So in your example Palp couldn't attempt the mission with Vader's face on it because he doesn't have sufficent skills, vader being in the system doesn't help.

I do realize you probably just gave Palp and Vader as examples, but just making sure you didn't miss a rule.


Did the OP edit their post? None of this seems relevant. Maybe you saw the word ‘below’ and misread it?


I think he was trying to point out, just in case, that your leaders on the mission cards need to have the required skills specified on the card to execute the mission. Can't use any leaders to meet the requirements that are already on he board.

He brought this up because Vader's portrait card requires 3R to do, and Palatine has no R, thus making it an illegal play.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JosephProphet wrote:
poshniallo wrote:
jooice wrote:
Just to point out(I am assuming your example was hypothetical - but just in case):
A leader cannot reveal a mission if he alone does not have the skill requirement, even if the mission is revealed in a system that contains more of your leaders that would contribute to the mission.

So in your example Palp couldn't attempt the mission with Vader's face on it because he doesn't have sufficent skills, vader being in the system doesn't help.

I do realize you probably just gave Palp and Vader as examples, but just making sure you didn't miss a rule.


Did the OP edit their post? None of this seems relevant. Maybe you saw the word ‘below’ and misread it?


I think he was trying to point out, just in case, that your leaders on the mission cards need to have the required skills specified on the card to execute the mission. Can't use any leaders to meet the requirements that are already on he board.

He brought this up because Vader's portrait card returned quires 3R to do, and Palatine has no R, thus making it an illegal play.


Oh. OK then. I never would have thought of that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
JosephProphet wrote:
poshniallo wrote:
jooice wrote:
Just to point out(I am assuming your example was hypothetical - but just in case):
A leader cannot reveal a mission if he alone does not have the skill requirement, even if the mission is revealed in a system that contains more of your leaders that would contribute to the mission.

So in your example Palp couldn't attempt the mission with Vader's face on it because he doesn't have sufficent skills, vader being in the system doesn't help.

I do realize you probably just gave Palp and Vader as examples, but just making sure you didn't miss a rule.


Did the OP edit their post? None of this seems relevant. Maybe you saw the word ‘below’ and misread it?


I think he was trying to point out, just in case, that your leaders on the mission cards need to have the required skills specified on the card to execute the mission. Can't use any leaders to meet the requirements that are already on he board.

He brought this up because Vader's portrait card returned quires 3R to do, and Palatine has no R, thus making it an illegal play.


Oh. OK then. I never would have thought of that.


To be fair I didn't either .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.